Donald Trump inauguration

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-01-21/what-did-donald-trump-promise-to-do-in-his-first-speech/819989...

so many promises, so many questions.

i really get a lor of what he is saying and why so many want him to do the things hes promising.

but i ask, lets just pick the 'bring jobs back to america.

i presume he means manufacturing jobs.

so lets take something every american would buy thats not made in america but under president trump will once again be 'made in america'

television sets.

the reason televisions are made in china or korea ec t is really cheap labour meaning really low prices at the store when i buy my tv.

if america says, no more cheap imports of tvs, gotta make em in the USA then who is going to be happy to pay $2,000 for a tv that costs $500 now?

and that spreads to all imported goods trumps wanting to be 'made in america' again.

is he planning to lower wages for workers in america to the same as 3rd world countries?

Message 1 of 157
Latest reply
156 REPLIES 156

After this first week or so, I have an awful feeling about this new president and his thought processes.   Here's hoping he can be kept under control to a large degree by those around him who are able to do so.

Message 72 of 157
Latest reply

I don't think there are too many of his staff who can keep him under control....he just sacks anone who goes against his wishes.

Message 73 of 157
Latest reply

I don't know Lyndal, I'm hoping that there are some checks and balances somewhere there.

Message 74 of 157
Latest reply

i go back to what i said in a previous post, just what has our PM promised prez Trump in order to get him not to rip up the agreement to take these people from manus island?

its so hard to believe our PM has thrown away ever principle he ever had in order to be PM.

everything he once believed in and went to great lengths to tell everyone about is gone. now hes even using human beings as no more than trash. no matter what these people did in comming to australia they dont deserve to be used as is happening right now.

PM Turnbull is just gotten in a hole and instead of doing something to get out of it he's digging the hole deeper.

24hrs ago he was in a hole re his election donation, finally after making that situation worse and worse by not just comming out and saying what he donated, he finally did. he is still a rich creep but hes now out of that hole.

he should just say he wont send these people to the USA as he cant gurantee their well being.

Message 75 of 157
Latest reply

It was always a cynical "deal" and I'm surprised Barack Obama had anything to do with it.  Even if he ended up 4 to 1 ahead and thought he was helping out a friend, trading people like this is just wrong.

It's about time Malcolm Turnbull stood up to the amoral clowns in his party and drew a line under offshore detention and ended it.  If desperate people are able to make it through our much tighter defenses now, process them here and end this shameful episode.  The people on Manus and Nauru have already undergone "extreme vetting"; anything the USA does now will just delay the inevitable for both our refugees and their Costa Rican ones.

Malcolm, just tweet Trump "deal off" and get on with life.  Start living up to your previously espoused principles or history will be pretty cruel to you.  You can still leave a decent legacy; it's already too late for Trump.

edit...just realised I pretty much repeated everything you said David Smiley Happy

Message 76 of 157
Latest reply

OMG! Look out TRUMP, We have sent in BIG JOE, Your in BIG trouble now!

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-03/hockey-heads-to-the-white-house-amid-refugee-deal-row/8238118

The only GUY TOUGHER to deal with is BARNABY (Crocodile Dundee) Joyce.

My advice, PULL YA HEAD IN BLONDY before we get SERIOUS!

Message 78 of 157
Latest reply

"BARNABY (Crocodile Dundee) Joyce"     Woman LOL

croc.gif

Message 79 of 157
Latest reply

(Not aimed at anyone in particular.)

It's all well and good to atlk about why Obama agreed to the deal, why Trump looks like reneging on it and what Turnbull should do now; but all I can think of at the moment are all those poor, helpless  people - men. women and children - being  spun up and down like a political yoyo. What kind of mental agony must this be for them?

Message 80 of 157
Latest reply