Germaine Greer

Have just been listening to an interview on ABC 24 and she called Juliar Gillard an organ grinders monkey the way she dressed. Here was this wrinkled stick with a head of hair that looked like she had put her hand in the power socket critisizing how another person looked. I personally have never admired this loud, overbearing feminist.

Keep it nice, I might cry if you write anything upsetting (like not)
Message 1 of 227
Latest reply
226 REPLIES 226

Germaine Greer

I have no issue with anyone standing up for what they believe in, be they female, male, hermaphrodite or anything in between.

What i do have an issue with is the non acknoledgemnent ormisrepresentation of what they are. those types carry a huge chip on their shoulder and a virtual sign daring any one to knock it off and if someone does knock it off they cry foul.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 41 of 227
Latest reply

Germaine Greer

@newstart2380 wrote:

Here's a question -  I have looked but have not found any evidence of her ever having a partner ?

Smiley LOL Smiley LOL Smiley LOLSmiley LOL Smiley LOL

Message 42 of 227
Latest reply

Germaine Greer

@freddie*rooster wrote:

Greer was very scathing and smart mouthed about Julia Gillards style of dress on Q&A it would appear since the outrage she has made excuses and back peddled regarding her comments about Julia Gillard's dress sense.

Germaine did ONCE say, as a throw away comment, that Julia should get rid of those awful jackets.  It was said in half joking way; it was not nasty, it was a very GOOD constructive advice.  Julia's jackets were not doing anything for her.  What do you mean about excuses and back peddling?   What do you suppose to do when every reporter harps on one line that you said.  What more is there to say? 

By the way, far from denying the difference between genders:

"Greer  asserts that women's liberation meant embracing gender differences in a positive fashion"

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 43 of 227
Latest reply

Germaine Greer

Here is a comment that tickled my funny bone.

GERMAINE Greer may be the matriarch of feminism but in her twilight years she is fashioning a fresh niche as the queen of the cringe-worthy comment.

I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
Message 44 of 227
Latest reply

Germaine Greer

Still not game to answer?

I could dig up some other wonderful feminists if that one is too touchy for you.

Message 45 of 227
Latest reply

Germaine Greer

@newstart2380 wrote:

@***super_nova*** wrote:

poddster wrote:, no wonder men shunned her and the more she got shunned the more envious she became.

really?  As far as I know Germaine always had whole pack of admirers, and still does.  She was beautiful, and not all men want a shrinking violet for a partner.  Actually, nowadays most interesting men want a strong woman standing on her own feet. 

Here's a question -  I have looked but have not found any evidence of her ever having a partner ?

really? She has been married and yes, had numerous partners but probably doesn't flaunt it?

I love this.....................

I think one thing I did learn is thatโ€ฆhappiness is a positive achievement, that it won't be given to you, it can't be granted you by anybody else. You have to actually work at being a happy person. And that was hard for me to learn because I was a sort of haunted, doomed hippie youth and to just decide that all my grandstanding and self-dramatisation that you do when you're young was a waste of energy, and that to be depressed is completely pointless. Because I am subject to depressions and I have my own way of dealing with them โ€” I fast and stay out of bed, really, until I feel as though I'm in control again, but it's a risky procedure. Not everybody can do that. But it seems to me that happiness is actually a kind of self-discipline and it's just more useful to beโ€ฆto work at beingโ€ฆnot contented, because your discontent is what drives you, butโ€ฆ Well, principally, I think happiness comes from being un-self-conscious โ€” just forgetting about yourself. It's the most important thing you can do. You just become a pair of eyes. And if you're really looking, then there's endless astonishment and delight to be had. This is the most wonderful, wonderful world. I love it. And I think it's so funny that I should decide that I really, really love it when I'm getting to the point where I'm probably going to have to leave it, you know? I've probably got my terminal disease alreadyโ€ฆ and I've just figured out how to live on this planet!

Germaine Greer

Message 46 of 227
Latest reply

Germaine Greer

Germaine Greer has been married, that is true.

but it should have no relevance to who she is as a person...except to show that she has had experience of living with a man and hopefully listening to him and his views.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 47 of 227
Latest reply

Germaine Greer

Interestingly enough though, the OP continues to refer to Ms Gillard  as "Juliar".   I'm not sure why this is, but in my humble opinion it shows as much disrespect as does the irrelevant comment from Ms Greer.

prostate cancer ribbon Pictures, Images and Photos
Message 48 of 227
Latest reply

Germaine Greer

@pct001wine wrote:

Interestingly enough though, the OP continues to refer to Ms Gillard  as "Juliar".   I'm not sure why this is, but in my humble opinion it shows as much disrespect as does the irrelevant comment from Ms Greer.

Sorry about that, did not mean to put an R on it, habits hard to break but really did not mean it.

Keep it nice, I might cry if you write anything upsetting (like not)
Message 49 of 227
Latest reply

Germaine Greer

I wonder how long it lasted and was that before or after her rise to fame?

Message 50 of 227
Latest reply