Going grey

I want to go grey, in fact I am really excited about it. Call me odd!

I was quite inspired reading this blog yesterday. I keep looking at my hair and hating the colour.

http://greyisok.blogspot.com.au/

Photobucket
Message 1 of 133
Latest reply
7 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Going grey

shock blue smiley.png

cheeky.gif

View solution in original post

Message 47 of 133
Latest reply

Going grey

@donnashuggy wrote:

grey.jpg

Donna, the grey makes your face look softer and younger. Go for it.
I was going grey when I was 18. My first husband made me dye it titian red for ten years. After the divorce I let the hair grow out. For a long time I wore a titian red ponytail until it was long enough to have it cut.
I have recently asked my hairdresser to put some colour in my hair, but she refused to dye it. Told me women pay her good money to get my haircolour. I am nearly 80.
erica03.jpg      Erica

Message 48 of 133
Latest reply

Going grey

Well, you'll be saving money and time.

Hairdressers are getting very expensive. My youngest daughter sent me to her hairdresser while I stayed with her in Melbourne fo a couple of weeks. $65.- for a simple blowwave. I now let my hair grow again to wear it in a chignon.

Let us know how you go with turning grey.

I think you will like yourself as a changed woman.

Erica

Message 51 of 133
Latest reply

Going grey

Whatever colour, you do have beautiful hair, it looks lovely.

Message 75 of 133
Latest reply

Going grey

Wow Donna I love it it looks very trendy - call it the Bondi cut and colour Woman LOL

Message 77 of 133
Latest reply

Going grey

Donna that looks Yummy

Message 125 of 133
Latest reply
132 REPLIES 132

Going grey

she looks so much better, au naturale
Message 2 of 133
Latest reply

Going grey

I used to have grey streaks put in my hair in my 20s because I looked like a kid....how things have changed
Message 3 of 133
Latest reply

Going grey

@twyngwyn wrote:
she looks so much better, au naturale

Trying to 'look' young is a bit silly isn't it. If you  go grey you can look great by looking after yourself, good skin, etc.

Anyway, I'm determined to do it lol

Photobucket
Message 4 of 133
Latest reply

Going grey

I don't think it necessarily makes you look young...it can age...I'm happy not dyeing......carcinogens (in dye) and all...
Message 5 of 133
Latest reply

Going grey

@donnashuggy wrote:

I want to go grey, in fact I am really excited about it. Call me odd!

I was quite inspired reading this blog yesterday. I keep looking at my hair and hating the colour.

http://greyisok.blogspot.com.au/

nothing odd about it.

grey/gray is still very trendy!

http://www.bustle.com/articles/72431-20-gray-hair-looks-that-will-give-you-serious-silver-do-envy

Message 6 of 133
Latest reply

Going grey

Me and my hairdresser have changed my colour from dyed auburn through strawberry blond to now my natural silver over the past couple of years.  I'm really happy with the "colour" that's come through and it is soooo much healthier and stronger.  And my curls have come back which I thought I had lost with age. 

I get so many compliments now about my hair I wish I had let it go years ago.  Although probably not from when it started to change in my early 20s

Just do it!

Message 7 of 133
Latest reply

Going grey

I had shocks of white happen at my temples practically overnight after medical treatment. This was not growing out, but straight down waist-length hair...it was weird. It's growing out normally now. I hated it because it was a reminder, but would be complimented on it. It was a dead white, not grey.

I think I am happy to wait. Donna, when you get a little natural grey, then a bit more, you might like it or you might not, so just enjoy the colour for now 😉

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 8 of 133
Latest reply

Going grey

Oh, and did you ever get an Apple watch?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 9 of 133
Latest reply

Going grey

@amber-eyed-girl wrote:

Oh, and did you ever get an Apple watch?

No I kind of decided against it, as it is really a secondary device (doesn't do everything) I just ensure that EVERYTHING I wear has good pockets so my phone is ALWAYS on me.

Photobucket
Message 10 of 133
Latest reply