Have You Ever Forgotten Where You Parked Your Car?

Forgetful driver finds car five weeks later

Having spent the day doing all the things Oktoberfest is renowned for - drinking, eating and dancing - he went to find his car but realised he had no idea where it was.

With a dusty recollection he had travelled on one of two particular tram routes, he jumped on board and checked side streets and alleyways, but Andreas could not find his Golf.

"I rode all the way along both lines looking down every side street and found nothing," he said.

Only able to provide the advice that his car was "somewhere in east Munich", police were unable to help the driver, but promised to keep an eye out for it.

A $300 reward failed to turn up the vehicle and Andrea had no choice but to return to Italy.

But he called on locals to help him out when he took an ad out in the local paper and five weeks after pulling up the handbrake, he got the call he had been waiting for.

One of the paper's readers spotted the car and Andrea was finally reunited with his Golf on Friday.

OMG poor man!

Man LOL

Message 1 of 23
Latest reply
22 REPLIES 22

I always have to park in or near the same spot, I regularly lose my car... and sometimes forget which car I was driving.........In an unfamiliar shopping centre one day, I parked on level 2, I thought but when I came out, it wasn't there, so I trawled the other floors................. no car........... then back to level 2 and realised I had the silver car not the red one!!

I can usually find the red one as it has a large spoiler on the rear Woman Embarassed

Message 2 of 23
Latest reply

we have done that too, in shoping centres with lots of car park levels, I often cant find my OH's car because every 2nd person in Melb has a silver car. It doesn't usually take me 5 weeks to find it though lol

Message 3 of 23
Latest reply

Yes I have forgotten where I've parked my car, always found it after approx 10mins.  I'd be in deep doo doo if I lost it for 5 weeks!

Message 4 of 23
Latest reply

Unless it's a Saturday or Christmas I always seem to get the exact same parking spot at the major shopping centre I go to.  

I drove my sister there recently and said as we were arriving that I hoped no one had pinched my spot.  She said that she always has her own spot wherever she shops and no one ever takes them.  That's because they are parked in their own spot.  We must all have them.

Joono
Message 5 of 23
Latest reply

One time I came back to the space where I thought I'd parked my car and it wasn't there! I thought it had been stolen and went all outraged to notify centre management and to make a ph call  and found my car in it's identical spot, only one level down.

how embarrassment!

Message 6 of 23
Latest reply

yeah.....i did something similar.....forgot which train station i left my car at.....I had to catch different trains to eventually find it....

Message 7 of 23
Latest reply

On one occasion, I hoped I was looking a the wrong spot because it turned out, my car did get stolen.  The day after I bought it sobbing.gif

Message 8 of 23
Latest reply

@**meep** wrote:

On one occasion, I hoped I was looking a the wrong spot because it turned out, my car did get stolen.  The day after I bought it sobbing.gif

Omg that would've been a nightmare to sort out!

Message 9 of 23
Latest reply

@icyfroth wrote:

@**meep** wrote:

Omg that would've been a nightmare to sort out!

it was a major inconvenience.  i had to wait 2 weeks before I could put the claim in.  i did have it fully covered by comprehensive insurance before leaving the car dealership.   received a call from the police just before the 2 weeks were up informing me they found  my car.  it was a couple of suburbs away in a private car park.  there didnt appear to be much damage done.
Message 10 of 23
Latest reply