Housework, Death, And Hipster Jihadi Husbands

This is the picture which has emerged from a new report into the lives of women who leave their comfortable lives in the West to join the fight for Islamic State.

Researchers Carolyn Hoyle, Alexandra Bradford and Ross Frenett analysed the accounts of women from Britain, The Netherlands, Canada and Austria.

Their report also analyses the ambitions of women and fighters.

Their report also analyses the ambitions of women and fighters.

And it examines the idea the motive that some move to IS-controlled areas to bag an attractive ‘hipster jihadi’, researcher Ross Frenett told UK newspaper The Telegraph.

He said some would be wives would be attracted to the “image of the jihadist soldier with the wind in his hair”.

The report warns that in addition to heavenly rewards, there are other motives for seeking a fighter husband.

“The imagery of a lion and a lioness, of finding a brave and noble husband, is prevalent among female supporters of ISIS,” it says.

It also details how a sense of identity, which they don’t feel they have in the west, also helps shape the search for their fighter husbands.

The women’s accounts also reveal what they felt leaving their families behind, their day-to-day lives as well as a glimpse into death and martyrdom.

As well as revealing homesickness with posts of missing their families, some have revealed that life since moving is full of domestic duties.

One woman revealed: “The best thing for a women is to be a righteous wife and to raise righteous children.’

Women also need either a male chaperon, or other women to travel with.

But they are also given monthly food supplies, as well as a monthly allowance while married women and their husbands get a house.

And while some receive gifts from the spoils of war, the women reveal life isn’t easy.

One woman writes: “Electricity is unreliable and internet access can be patchy. You can have electricity most of the time or you can rarely have it — it just depends upon your circumstance — but you have to be prepared for not having your mobile charged or their (sic) not being light (alhumdulilah [thanks be to God] for battery powered lights and candles) and maybe even learn how to wash your clothes by hand since you really cannot depend on the washing machine here.”

Life on the streets is also hard, shops never open during prayer time and many people carry guns.

Entire Article Here

Maybe even learn to wash your clothes by hand omg Woman Surprised

Message 1 of 29
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@wilk1149 wrote:
The OMG from icy makes me believe she'd rather die than wash by hand. U had,a girlfriend ages ago that would lose it with me every time I washed my clothes by hand insisting that I use her machine. I could never understand her problem with it I wasn't making her wash my clothes

I think the omg is sarcasm there wilk...

It's a dig at these western women who have probably never washed anything by hand ever, their clothes or the clothes they have had to wash have never really gotton all that dirty (ie;dirt mixed with blood).

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 29
Latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

I've been washing my clothes by hand fir twenty five years. Washing machines don't actually get clothes clean, they make them wet but not really clean. I was grave digging for ten years and even the industrial washing machines in a laundry mat can't get that much dirt out.
Message 2 of 29
Latest reply

Wilk

Agree.

Depends on what you are doing and what dirt you get in the clothes.

Blood mixed with dirt is a nightmare.

Fighting like they are, hot sweaty, blood, dirt, dust, oil, the clothes become a mess very quickly.

After 2 weeks bush, my trousers would stand up by themselves against the wall and then walk themselves to the bin !!! LOL

Anyway, it is a life they chose.

Message 3 of 29
Latest reply

Half the world handwashes their clothes.  Big deal.

Message 4 of 29
Latest reply

Probably more than half.

Message 5 of 29
Latest reply

The OMG from icy makes me believe she'd rather die than wash by hand. U had,a girlfriend ages ago that would lose it with me every time I washed my clothes by hand insisting that I use her machine. I could never understand her problem with it I wasn't making her wash my clothes
Message 6 of 29
Latest reply

@wilk1149 wrote:

I think the omg is sarcasm there wilk...

It's a dig at these western women who have probably never washed anything by hand ever, their clothes or the clothes they have had to wash have never really gotton all that dirty (ie;dirt mixed with blood).

Message 7 of 29
Latest reply

@polksaladallie wrote:

Half the world handwashes their clothes.  Big deal.

Some older posters had no choice before washing machines arrived.

Message 8 of 29
Latest reply

Then some would have died if they had lived through WWII in the UK.

Apart from hard work, hand washing, rationing and every other hindrance to living peacefully.

My grand mother was very descriptive with life during WWII with kids, husband etc (and afterwards up until about 1953, 1954).

Not easy by any means.

Edit

I see some interesting hand washing contraptions in the bush in Aus.

Flogging boards, rubbing boards, huge sinks, Wooden roller driers.

Message 9 of 29
Latest reply

@wilk1149 wrote:
The OMG from icy makes me believe she'd rather die than wash by hand.
I had,a girlfriend ages ago that would lose it with me every time I washed my clothes by hand insisting that I use her machine. I could never understand her problem with it I wasn't making her wash my clothes

Ha ha that's a funny. I wash all my good clothes and smalls by hand. Sheets jeans, towels go in the washing machine. I'd hate to do sheets and towels by hand.

I think I'd die if I didn't have my computer. Could live without my phone.

Message 10 of 29
Latest reply