I went to start a thread about refugees and asylum seekers last night but...

j*oono
Community Member

I copied some photos last night and I wanted to post them here but I thought better of it because they are very distressing.

Is it time for Tony Abbott, Dutton and Chris Morrison to look into their hearts?

Turn back the boats to what?  Stop the boats for what reason?  I have no doubt that they have seen these photos of a young 3yr old boy washed up on the beach and his slightly older brother and his mother drowned too.

Joono
Message 1 of 800
Latest reply
3 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

The real problem is the refugee crisis has become far too serious to be dealt with by individual countries on an ad hoc basis. There needs to be a huge internationally co-ordinated effort to help these people.

View solution in original post

Message 80 of 800
Latest reply

@*julia*2010 wrote:

kobane needs help

Appeal: Call for international aid to rebuild and normalize life in the canton of Kobane

After months of fighting, our brave YPG and YPJ units have successfully driven out all ISIS terrorists from our democratic canton of Kobane. We are grateful for all the international support that we have received to achieve this victory in battle. However, as of yet, we have received no official humanitarian aid from any government or international organization. Out of the 525,000 civilians from the Kobane canton, only 25,000 currently reside within Kobane. Of the remaining civilians, 200,000 are currently trapped in Turkey and the rest have spread to different countries. They are all waiting to return to their homes. In order to facilitate the smooth transition of refugees back to their rightful homes, there are a number of obstacles that must be overcome.

http://helpkobane.com/blog/2015/02/14/a-call-for-international-aid-to-rebuild-and-normalize-life-in-...

one of our politicians had the idea of dropping food parcels into Syria instead of bombs maybe it wasn't such a bad idea after all

Message 155 of 800
Latest reply

@azureline** wrote:

@tommy.irene wrote:

I would send all the young men back to fight for their country..

Do they have training in the military and are armed with weapons?

And if their country is Syria, which particular  faction should they go back to fight for, the faction loyal to Assad, one of the multiplicity of factions trying to oust him, but fighting among themselves over who should replace him, or ISIS who are fighting to be the ones to replace everybody. 

I think you'll find the refugees are ordinary civilians who have no homes left, no jobs left, no hope left and pretty much no country left; and who have delared "A plague on all your houses we just want to live'

Message 625 of 800
Latest reply
799 REPLIES 799

j*oono
Community Member

Powerful photos

Atrocities.jpg

Joono
Message 2 of 800
Latest reply

ecar3483
Community Member

It struck a chord inside, watching that man carrying that child up the beach, with such dignity, such reverence, as if it were his own child. The tiniest of human gestures afforded to a stranger. For all it was sad, it was beautiful. Through my tears I smiled because it was good to know that there are other men like that in the world.

Message 3 of 800
Latest reply

War.

Famine.

Terrorism.

I didn't need to see the latest photo, was happy it was blurred out when I saw about this. Not too sure what the Libs can do about refugees from Syria and Libya trying to enter Europe?

*dyslexic moment fixed

Message 4 of 800
Latest reply

Do you think these things don't happen in other parts of the world Nevyn?  What an odd response.  Not my problem?

Joono
Message 5 of 800
Latest reply

@j*oono wrote:

Do you think these things don't happen in other parts of the world Nevyn?  What an odd response.  Not my problem?

Strange post, however, yes I know it happens. Why is what is happening in Europe now, Abbots fault? 

Message 6 of 800
Latest reply

It's not his fault.  I'm asking why our government can't see past trying to turn back boats.  Not only our current government but Labor last term trying to ship them all off shore to Malaysia or wherever.  

The concentration camps on Nauru... everything.  There has to be a better way and all parties need to get together and take in refugees and treat them in a decent humane way.

Figure out a solution.

Joono
Message 7 of 800
Latest reply

We get mainly economic refugees, who no longer drown on the way over here illegally.

Still not sure why what's happening in Europe is Australia's fault.

Message 8 of 800
Latest reply

typical leftie response, i suppose you want this country to accept 'all' refugees when the infrastructure isn't geared for that. gotta draw the line somewhere. 

Signatures suck.
Message 9 of 800
Latest reply

typical 'rightie' response - no compassion for those less fortunate - lets preserve our own wealth at all costs.

The infrastructure isn't geared for it because our leaders and some followers are determined that it won't be. I don't think anyone is naive enough to believe we can accept 'all' refugees.

Message 10 of 800
Latest reply