Jack Russell question

My J R Terrier has developed a small hard lump under his right eye. I took him to the vet last week and he gave him a load of anti biopics which has not helped.
Has any one else with a JR had a similar problem?
Message 1 of 18
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Jack Russell question

In view of what you write J2579 I would assert that the action by the vet would appear correct.  As for your remaining financial millstones you have my sympathy.

Good luck with all your family.

John.

View solution in original post

Message 17 of 18
Latest reply
17 REPLIES 17

Jack Russell question

We don't have a dog Jean, so just dropping in to say hope it's all sorted out soon and that your dear little dog gets better and back to good health very soon.

Try not to worry too much xx

Message 2 of 18
Latest reply

Jack Russell question

My daughter has a Jack Russell, 6yrs old and never had anything like that, infact the dog is really healthy.

Sorry I cant help and hope your dog gets better soon.

Message 3 of 18
Latest reply

Jack Russell question

Thanks Tas, all of the immediate males in my life ATM are causing concern, OH is due to have two ops and is producing Oscar winning performances, and now the dog. I really need a large bottle of scotch and a straw. ๐Ÿ˜…
Message 4 of 18
Latest reply

Jack Russell question

Sorry to hear that you've got some not-very-well males around, Jean.

Forget the straw, go medicinal, get a drip!Smiley Very Happy

DEB

Message 5 of 18
Latest reply

Jack Russell question

Possible causes include a cyst, infection, growth, tumour, viral wart. It would appear your vet considers it is an infection of some sort. How are the teeth on that side of the head?  An infected tooth can also be a problem.

Diagram

How old is the dog?, any chance of a photograph? where exactly is the lump in relation to the eye?

If things do not improve (after a week I would expect some) you must return to the (a) vet and possibly a needle biopsy.

John.

Message 6 of 18
Latest reply

Jack Russell question

John, you are quite right. I came to the same conclusion early this morning and took Monty back to the vet as soon as they opened.
The vet said that since we first took him last week, and after a week of antibiotics the lump had doubled in size and he is booked in for tomorrow to have a biopsy performed. The vet ruled out a tooth issue as the lump is in the wrong position and he feels that it is either a cyst or growth.
The dog is 3 years old and until last week had not shown any indication of any health issues.
Message 7 of 18
Latest reply

Jack Russell question

It grows rather fast for anything too worrying.  But why did not the vet do biopsy when he had the dog today?

000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

Voltaire: โ€œThose Who Can Make You Believe Absurdities, Can Make You Commit Atrocitiesโ€ .
Message 8 of 18
Latest reply

Jack Russell question

Some times dogs get grass seeds under their skin, which can cause a growth

Message 9 of 18
Latest reply

Jack Russell question

Jean please keep us informed.

My ID signature includes  a pair of Basenjis EMC4.jpg which are also tough real dogs like yours.

John.

Message 10 of 18
Latest reply