Kiva loan :)

Aww my 14 year old son just happily paid for a Kiva loan out of his own money. I suggested it to him after showing him the one I did last night and he didn't hesitate to say yes.

Just a little bit proud that he did that :-x
Message 1 of 472
Latest reply
471 REPLIES 471

Well I'm impressed, my son has received his first loan repayment from the 'lender' on schedule ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 31 of 472
Latest reply

I have just looked, I am tempted to loan someone something.....just not sure where to start. Thank you for posting this.
Message 32 of 472
Latest reply

what a great idea

thanks so much for sharing this
Message 33 of 472
Latest reply

Thanks for the wonderful site information Cosmoโ™ฅ .

I just registered and will make the time tomorrow to check out how to get the loan happening.

Mr frog's in bed now but I just know he'll want to select someone for a loan as well.

What a great idea. Thanks again Cosmo. xo

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Message 34 of 472
Latest reply

I have made 12 loans through Kiva over the past 2 years. As soon as i have enough to re-lend, i do.
It is very rewarding, and the kids like to help pick which people they think we should 'help'. Makes them see just how hard some other people live as well...

My 'lender page' link is below. You can see what loans i have made, the ones that are fully repaid, ones that are being paid back etc.

http://www.kiva.org/lender/renae27157664

In case people dont really think you get your money back, you do. You can withdraw it, or re-lend.
Message 35 of 472
Latest reply

You can also buy $25 Kiva gift certificates, to give as presents (helps spread the word). Other items like a piggy bank, key chain, calendar etc to help them keep Kiva running.
Message 36 of 472
Latest reply

Thanks for this thread. I have never heard of them before. I checked out the website and will make a contribution next payday.
Message 37 of 472
Latest reply

It makes me happy that this thread has encouraged at least a few extra kiva loans :-x
Message 38 of 472
Latest reply

**girl_interrupted**
Community Member
I can't believe the number of people that have lent after reading this thread. You're all legends!!
Message 39 of 472
Latest reply

WOW!

How cool is that!

I am in and it will be on my FB too!
Message 40 of 472
Latest reply