Manchester Arena 'explosion'

Manchester Arena 'explosion': Deaths reported at Ariana Grande concert in UK

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-05-23/multiple-deaths-concert-explosion-manchester-arena-ariana-gran...

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

It's hard to make any comment about this.   My feelings of disgust and horror about it run too deep.  All I can say is there are certain kinds of people on this planet who simply should not be here.  They are a violent sub species.

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Little by little the 'terrorists' are winning.

the authorities cant stop these people from killing innocent people going about their lives.

all the politicians can do is pass laws removing more and more of our freedoms.

just heard someone interviewed on radio from london saying its now 'not unusual' to see people dressed in military type uniforms carrying machine guns in the busy streets.

so is this our future? armed gunmen everywhere 'protecting' us? stopping us in the street to search us 'if' they think we look suspicious.

men in rooms somewhere reading our emails and watching our 'online' behaviour in case we type in something terror related in google? then getting arrested as a 'possible' terrorist because we were frightened and decided to look up various terror related terms?

at this time i think the law is a policeman must have a reasonable suspicion to search a person in the street. whats a reasonable suspicion?

how long before that rule is rewritten to they have the right to search anyone anytime anywhere regardless? i think its not far away.

so in my view the terrorists are winning, everyday we are losing our freedom, exactly what the terrorists want.

whats worse is we will live in fear, not of terrorists but of our own police as once accused of something by police your on your own, put in a box, called a terrorist by the likes of peter dutton to be jailed or deported.

i really do fear for our future.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

hatecannotwin.jpg

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

A soldier and a police officer walk past Trafalgar Square during a mobile patrol in central London.

Here we see heavily armed police/soldiers walking the streets 'keeping the people safe'

but i notice the people in the background.

how many bags possibly containing bombs can you see?

i say having heavily armed men patrolling has no effect at all on terrorist, if they want to blow themselves up they could do it whilst standing within a few metres of said armed persons.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Little by little the 'terrorists' are winning.

Can't agree, it's not a competition,   no -one wins here. I for one am glad for the more stringent measures being put into place,  how do we know how many terrorist events these measures have prevented,  very many I would think. 

The authorities cant stop these people from killing innocent people going about their lives.

But they can, and they do.    Not much press is given to those who are stopped but it is common to hear of 'caches discovered along with  networks of would be terrorists. 

so is this our future? armed gunmen everywhere 'protecting' us?  

I hope so.  I prefer to be protected than not. 

we are losing our freedom, exactly what the terrorists want.

I don't think so.  What they want is to kill us. 

I don't live in fear of the police or the likes of Peter Dutton, fortunately I don't live in fear, but I am nervous of terrorism. To me it's  a reality of life now.   

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

We're seeing more and more security around people entering events.

Maybe it is time to have more security right at the borders.

Cut right back on migration of those from places such as Syria, Somalia and so on.

Deport those who are not citizens and who have serious criminal history or links with terrorism.

Have a look at this.

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/35265259/suspected-apex-gang-member-isaac-gatkuoth-pursuing-avenues-to-r...

A man with 7 pages of criminal history, including pointing a gun at a man's head & killing a mother when he was driving a stolen car. Yet there were petitions to allow him to remain in Aust because he had a sad past and after all, he was on ice & hadn't slept so it was implied he was not responsible.

This is our law at the moment, too weak. As far as I am concerned, anyone on drugs should be held totally responsible for their actions. A second chance for people is okay but not a 40th or 50th chance.

Really, what value is there to our country in keeping him here?

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

i have been watching the 4corners story on the lyndt cafe seige, i knew it was a screw up but had no idea it would be as bad as proven by the inquest.

we pay these police huge amounts of money to be the best possible people to rely on when a situation like a seige happens. omg! the boy scouts and girl guides could have done a better job.

i really do fear for anyone caught up in a similar situation in the future if this is our best.

to learn that they decided not to do anything unless he killed someone first! and then lie about being in 'negotiations' with the gunman when they never once spoke to him during the entire event!

i remember watching it and seeing this evil man clearly on tv through the windows. and wondered why are we not just shooting him (we had multiple snipers in position) because no one would give the order to shoot him.

how it ended with only 2 deaths is the miracle. i dont count the gunman.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

btw, i dont blame the men and women on the ground, only those in the area of making the real decisions.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

i have been watching the 4corners story on the lyndt cafe seige, i knew it was a screw up but had no idea it would be as bad as proven by the inquest.

we pay these police huge amounts of money to be the best possible people to rely on when a situation like a seige happens. omg! the boy scouts and girl guides could have done a better job.

i really do fear for anyone caught up in a similar situation in the future if this is our best.

to learn that they decided not to do anything unless he killed someone first! and then lie about being in 'negotiations' with the gunman when they never once spoke to him during the entire event!

i remember watching it and seeing this evil man clearly on tv through the windows. and wondered why are we not just shooting him (we had multiple snipers in position) because no one would give the order to shoot him.

how it ended with only 2 deaths is the miracle. i dont count the gunman.

From what I read, the snipers were ready and waiting but didn't feel they could go ahead without permission.

And I'd say that is 100% understandable, if they had shot to kill, they would have been in trouble, with higher ups telling them they should have waited. They might even have been suspended.

There was a case a few years back where a teen ran through a shopping centre with a large hunting knife. The police asked him to lay down the knife but he then ran at police, shouting he was going to kill them.The teen was shot dead and there was an uproar everywhere about how vicious the police were etc

The trouble in our society is quite a lot of people have an enormous sense of entitlement. They think they can do anything-threaten to kill, hold guns to the heads of others, bash, rob etc but no one has the right to do anything back.

That has to change. In situations like a siege, police snipers need to know they can shoot to kill.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply