Melbourne get togethers

To those lovely Melbourne Ebayites who used to attend our Melbourne get togethers some sad news..the local cafe "Georges"has now closed..apparently a very serious fallout between Damien and his partner has resulted in the closure..a chance meeting with a former employee gave me the sad news..15 years or so he ran it....perhaps as we haven`t had a meetup for awhile that last one most likely would have been the end anywaySmiley Sad

Message 1 of 26
Latest reply
25 REPLIES 25

Melbourne get togethers

that was many sleeps and many drinks ago, sorry memory since that last trip is a blur with what has gone on here since.

Message me if you like.  

Message 11 of 26
Latest reply

Melbourne get togethers

I only just figured out the new pants a few days ago, lol.

The cafe might just open as a new one with new owner. It's so set up as a cafe with the elaborate bar.

I don't mind cooking if you all like sushi. Smiley Very Happy And dom to make balloon animals.

image host
Message 12 of 26
Latest reply

Melbourne get togethers

@domino-710 wrote:

@the_hawk* wrote:

The next meet up will have to be a barbie at your place

Spoiler

Hi Hawk - we have met.

There you go - BBq - at your place Nics - or - Kopes is cooking.

Robot Happy

no luck with barbie at my place as I don`t have one anymore!!lol

would be happy to have another get together,can work out a venue but would anyone want to come?

Message 13 of 26
Latest reply

Melbourne get togethers

Since we've missed the last meet because of illness, I have been looking forward to the next meeting.

What a shame that Georges has close, but that is life. And like Kopes said, perhaps new owners will open it again.

To find another venue or someones place where everyone can bring some food to share could be fun. Our place is to small and to far away from the city. Perhaps some nice public park or the Botanical Gardens?

Put your thinkig caps on to solve the problem.

Erica

Message 14 of 26
Latest reply

Melbourne get togethers

Sydney!

Message 15 of 26
Latest reply

Melbourne get togethers

If you Sydney guys organised one, I'd fly up. Smiley Happy

image host
Message 16 of 26
Latest reply

Melbourne get togethers

Kopes -  when packing please allow - excess baggage - for balloons & sushi.

Message 17 of 26
Latest reply

Melbourne get togethers

I am sure there are pubs that have plenty of room at lunch time around the same area.

and there is a park close to Georges as we had the van on last time and parked a few streets away and walked past a very large park to get to the restaurant.

Message 18 of 26
Latest reply

Melbourne get togethers

Music to my ears!

I am about 3 hours by train outside of Sydney and would love to meet fellow eBayers.

are there anymore Sydney people interested?

Message 19 of 26
Latest reply

Melbourne get togethers

Yes I'd be in it!

Message 20 of 26
Latest reply