My heart beaks

For that poor little innocent baby tossed away like a sack of garbage down the storm water drain. I can't get my head around how any Mother could do such a thing. Never having gone through PND I can't fogive her actions as a Mother wouldn't you call out for help before it came to this?

Message 1 of 193
Latest reply
5 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

My heart beaks

I can't judge the mothers actions.  But how traumatic for everyone involved, especially the bub.  

Not having been involved in birth/hospitals for 35 years, I am only recalling my own experience when the time came to go home.  

We had to have someone with us before they "released" us.  And I believe nowadays, an appropriate baby capsule for transport.

So now I'm assuming that this mother walked out of the hospital with the baby; if that is the case, was any social worker advised and an investigation into the whereabouts of mum and bub put in place?  And furthermore, can anybody take any baby and walk out?  

Alternately,  did the mother have nursing experience/knowledge of baby deliveries and had the baby elsewhere?  Was the baby a result of an unwanted man's attentions in the first place?  

Murky territory.  I hope the little fighter becomes part of a very safe, happy family.  - without any knowledge of its first days of life.

DEB

View solution in original post

Message 28 of 193
Latest reply

My heart beaks

It is an action that as a mother, I will never understand.

There are beautiful couples out there who would love, cherish and adore this baby.... I hope the baby never hears this story.

Such heartbreaking rejection and attempted murder within their first few days of life......brings tears to my eyes...Woman Sad

siggie-reported-by-alarmists..............

Message 31 of 193
Latest reply

My heart beaks

She obviously wasn't in the right state of mind to act rationally.

Message 32 of 193
Latest reply

My heart beaks

I don't always get news stories, unless I see them here, so hadn't heard

of this terrible one.

Why didn't she simply tell them at the hospital that she didn't want it?

They would have responded to that and made arrangements for the baby.

I also thought Samoans were  'family minded'

Message 39 of 193
Latest reply

My heart beaks

There is no point getting carried away. The mother of the baby has been located, is in jail, charged with attempted murder, bail denied (because she didn't appear to request it).

Medical examinations have been ordered.

Message 72 of 193
Latest reply
192 REPLIES 192

My heart beaks

Tragic isnt it. The news stories keep mentioning a couple of countries that have "hatches" at hospitals where you can leave unwanted babies. It seems awful to think there is a need for such a thing but at least there wouldnt have been a baby so horribly discarded and a mother on attempted murder charges.

photo screen-1-1-1-1.jpg
Message 2 of 193
Latest reply

My heart beaks

@freddie*rooster wrote:

For that poor little innocent baby tossed away like a sack of garbage down the storm water drain. I can't get my head around how any Mother could do such a thing. Never having gone through PND I can't fogive her actions as a Mother wouldn't you call out for help before it came to this?

Good morning Freddie,

Impossible to imagine what we can do to each other - fair boggles the mind.

The bub was not left somewhere to be found & cared for - but - virtually chucked away.

Throw away the key.

Message 3 of 193
Latest reply

My heart beaks

Poor bubby, so lucky he was found but I am not sure that he survived 5 days down the drain?

Some reports have said the mum handed herself in and the info came from her. Some said he was born in a hospital. Where is the father?

Message 4 of 193
Latest reply

My heart beaks

Exactly helen, it's just something I can't understand. There are so many women who would give anything to have a baby and this women just tosses this poor little baby away to die.

Message 5 of 193
Latest reply

My heart beaks

Yes where is the Father, does he even know it's his child?

Message 6 of 193
Latest reply

My heart beaks

I have no sympathy at all for the mother.

There is NO excuse at all for what she did to that poor baby.

If she didnt want the baby, there are other options than just throwing it away

photo walkingdeadtag_zpsbaca2fdd.jpg
Message 7 of 193
Latest reply

My heart beaks

Depression can be dibilitating whatever the type, but I can't imagine being in such a dark place that I could not think of my own child and it's welfare.

As said, leave bub at a hospital, a doctors waiting rooms, hell, leave it in the aisle of Coles, but to throw.......

I can't imagine being in such a bad place, and how could no-one have seen the signs?

Truly tragic and unfathomable to me Smiley Sad

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 8 of 193
Latest reply

My heart beaks

They say she came forward, but in other news they say she was found through Hospital records. One thing I do hope is the child goes to a loving family who will love, care and nurture him.

Message 9 of 193
Latest reply

My heart beaks

@2106greencat wrote:

Depression can be dibilitating whatever the type, but I can't imagine being in such a dark place that I could not think of my own child and it's welfare.

As said, leave bub at a hospital, a doctors waiting rooms, hell, leave it in the aisle of Coles, but to throw.......

I can't imagine being in such a bad place, and how could no-one have seen the signs?

Truly tragic and unfathomable to me Smiley Sad

Not really that much time for PND to set in.

Bub is only a few days old.

Message 10 of 193
Latest reply