Old Chinwag Craft Board Block Swap 2007

Sometime in early 2007, the Craft Board quilters got together and organised a Block Swap. We had to design and prepare enough blocks to make a quilt for ourselves, provide the first block completed and send the package on to the other crafty people in the swap.
We each completed a block in everyone's set.
My quilt was for my grandsons' bedroom in my home. I set a theme of teddy bears and boy's toys.
Most of these quilts have been finished for some time....... but.... I could not make a decision on how to do mine until recently.
I learned so much in that year and can't thank everyone who was involved enough! My applique skills are much improved.
So, thank you ♥
Sewinggilly123
Nanarener
Nelson333Nelson
T Hugs
Billngrace
Patcher246
Tasfleur
I have also sewn the labels of the blockmakers onto the back of the quilt, behind the relevant blocks.
I made mine into a quillow, a quilt that folds into a pillow, so one of the blocks is on the back of the quilt and when folded into it, becomes a pillow.
My 3 yo grandaughter looked at it and said "Gran, that is brilliant" and that is a good recommendation, so I have to thank everyone who was involved.
Pics in post 1
Message 1 of 1,973
Latest reply
1,972 REPLIES 1,972

Re: Old Chinwag Craft Board Block Swap 2007

Karen, unfortunately I don't think I can find the time for another group, but, you know, I am always happy to share "Kevins" with everybody.

So....Shazz............and girls..........................would you be interested in meeting a "Kevin".....I wonder?

Miss Linda.... no need for time.... I have not much spare anyway and haven't actually been to fb since the confusion of joining the group...... but I will pop in now and again, on my days off lol, if I have any.
Hi Rosie and rosy!!
Rosie, does the daughter still have a toe? I must admit, I used to be known for not closing the rotary cutter but now, with children about, it has become second nature and I also press the lock button.
KEVIN IN A GARDEN???? Mine is too nice for that... he has a special spot indoors... he is tiny, shiny and trimmed with gold. 🙂
We are off to playgroup! be good.
Message 561 of 1,973
Latest reply

oh so kevin is rooly a special kevin then?

ouch @ the sliced toe 😮
Message 562 of 1,973
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
Shazz, every Kevin is a special Kevin, and, my Kevins don't like being outside in the open, they prefer inside and under the hedge.

I always put the cap on my cutter when I leave it unattended, but, learned the hard way, to hold everything tightly when cutting, my cutter slipped because I did not have enough pressure on it, up and over both the ruler and my finger, I was very lucky I didn't need stitches, could have been worse.

Karen I will give Shazz my details for FB, and i will try and pop in occasionally.LOL

Shazz you will have mail in a minute.
Message 563 of 1,973
Latest reply

chuk_77
Community Member
HELLLP I did my 1/2 squares but now they are smaller than the other squares that are plain. How can they now be sewn together? Do I have to cut my other squares smaller now?
Do you need a pic to see what I mean?
Message 564 of 1,973
Latest reply

oh oh *runs to look*

show us a pic chuk and ill see if i can help
Message 565 of 1,973
Latest reply

1st part done misslinda:)
Message 566 of 1,973
Latest reply

chuk_77
Community Member
just taken a couple need to load in PB giz a sec
Message 567 of 1,973
Latest reply

*waits patiently*
Message 568 of 1,973
Latest reply

chuk_77
Community Member
this is what I want it to look like sewn together

Photobucket

this shows the size difference since I made the 1/2 square triangles

Photobucket

have I made a mistake? How do I sew them together so the corners match up?
Message 569 of 1,973
Latest reply

ok your triangles will be smaller once u have stitched them, so u need to measure the triangles and then cut your plain fabric to that size from the looks of the pics

where's an expert when we need em lol
Message 570 of 1,973
Latest reply