Old Chinwag Craft Board Block Swap 2007

Sometime in early 2007, the Craft Board quilters got together and organised a Block Swap. We had to design and prepare enough blocks to make a quilt for ourselves, provide the first block completed and send the package on to the other crafty people in the swap.
We each completed a block in everyone's set.
My quilt was for my grandsons' bedroom in my home. I set a theme of teddy bears and boy's toys.
Most of these quilts have been finished for some time....... but.... I could not make a decision on how to do mine until recently.
I learned so much in that year and can't thank everyone who was involved enough! My applique skills are much improved.
So, thank you ♥
Sewinggilly123
Nanarener
Nelson333Nelson
T Hugs
Billngrace
Patcher246
Tasfleur
I have also sewn the labels of the blockmakers onto the back of the quilt, behind the relevant blocks.
I made mine into a quillow, a quilt that folds into a pillow, so one of the blocks is on the back of the quilt and when folded into it, becomes a pillow.
My 3 yo grandaughter looked at it and said "Gran, that is brilliant" and that is a good recommendation, so I have to thank everyone who was involved.
Pics in post 1
Message 1 of 1,973
Latest reply
1,972 REPLIES 1,972

Photobucket
Photobucket
Message 2 of 1,973
Latest reply

Karen - that is beautiful!

Wonderful work girls!!!
Message 3 of 1,973
Latest reply

Wow that is fantastic. Well done girls.
Message 4 of 1,973
Latest reply

Gorgeous. 🙂 Well done to all. So clever. :-x
Message 5 of 1,973
Latest reply

Community Member
Oh guys im so jealous lol, they extend of my sewing goes into my horse rugs I have to bribe the CWA & various others into making pouches for me Karen that looks so fantastic well done for being so talented xo.

The extent of my crafting ends at my Iris folding cards or my mothers day stall stuff *sigh*

Photobucket

Message 6 of 1,973
Latest reply

casa047
Community Member
Oh they are so lovely...
Message 7 of 1,973
Latest reply

Thanks everyone!
Klarry, I started out making horserugs and saddle cloths, lol.
I have to go to bed now but tomorrow I will try and get a better pic of the actual blocks... they are great close up, my friends are very clever!! 🙂
Message 8 of 1,973
Latest reply

pj*bear
Community Member
😮

:-p
A home without a cat is just a house!!
Message 9 of 1,973
Latest reply

Friends .... :^O