Old Chinwag Craft Board Block Swap 2007

Sometime in early 2007, the Craft Board quilters got together and organised a Block Swap. We had to design and prepare enough blocks to make a quilt for ourselves, provide the first block completed and send the package on to the other crafty people in the swap.
We each completed a block in everyone's set.
My quilt was for my grandsons' bedroom in my home. I set a theme of teddy bears and boy's toys.
Most of these quilts have been finished for some time....... but.... I could not make a decision on how to do mine until recently.
I learned so much in that year and can't thank everyone who was involved enough! My applique skills are much improved.
So, thank you ♥
Sewinggilly123
Nanarener
Nelson333Nelson
T Hugs
Billngrace
Patcher246
Tasfleur
I have also sewn the labels of the blockmakers onto the back of the quilt, behind the relevant blocks.
I made mine into a quillow, a quilt that folds into a pillow, so one of the blocks is on the back of the quilt and when folded into it, becomes a pillow.
My 3 yo grandaughter looked at it and said "Gran, that is brilliant" and that is a good recommendation, so I have to thank everyone who was involved.
Pics in post 1
Message 1 of 1,973
Latest reply
1,972 REPLIES 1,972

Get yourself a quarter inch foot for your machine - then all your seams will be exact. And press as you go.
Message 271 of 1,973
Latest reply

chuk_77
Community Member
oh dear, now I do have a problem, everyone and the link karen gave me is all imperial. I'm a metric girl, so now not only do I have to learn patience to quilt, learn how to quilt, sew in a straight line and measure accurately now I have to convert into metric or learn imperial.
I've got some off cuts so maybe before throwing myself in the deep end I should practice a little huh?
Message 272 of 1,973
Latest reply

You can buy imperial tape measures at any quilting shop and the green boards have imperial measures as do the quilting rulers.

Its really easy - I promise
Message 273 of 1,973
Latest reply

chuk_77
Community Member
phew thanks. I've been looking at some videos on the net and it looks easy enough, but there have been way too many times that my abilities have got in the way of my creativity.
I'm gunna try though and if I get something that looks like something slightly worthy I'll post it for you and you can laugh with me or cry with me either way.:^O
Message 274 of 1,973
Latest reply

I wish I had pics of my first efforts - you would not feel so apprehensive LOL

I reckon that there is no such thing as the quilt police and if a blind man on a galloping horse likes it - its ok.
Message 275 of 1,973
Latest reply

No!! No need to worry about metric and imperial, treat it like a new thing...the ruler can be imperial or you can also use metric, just google a metric site? but practice is good.
Message 276 of 1,973
Latest reply

setipus
Community Member
Hi I need some advice... photobucket has changed since i last posted a pic here..what code do i use? i was helped by these ladies when i ventured into quilting and i do have a pic of my first effort. if someone can direct me to the correct code i will post a pic of my first quilt
Thanks
Message 277 of 1,973
Latest reply

Hi seti

used the html one
Message 278 of 1,973
Latest reply

chuk_77
Community Member
setipus. bring up the pic you want and on the left there is a box that says share. click the third one down HTML code. a box will appear very briefly saying copied
Message 279 of 1,973
Latest reply

setipus
Community Member
Thanks Rosie and Chuk
i hope this works...the quilting ladies deseerved sainthood status for what i put them through
Photobucket

i think its too big
let me know and i will get rid of it
Message 280 of 1,973
Latest reply