Old Chinwag Craft Board Block Swap 2007

Sometime in early 2007, the Craft Board quilters got together and organised a Block Swap. We had to design and prepare enough blocks to make a quilt for ourselves, provide the first block completed and send the package on to the other crafty people in the swap.
We each completed a block in everyone's set.
My quilt was for my grandsons' bedroom in my home. I set a theme of teddy bears and boy's toys.
Most of these quilts have been finished for some time....... but.... I could not make a decision on how to do mine until recently.
I learned so much in that year and can't thank everyone who was involved enough! My applique skills are much improved.
So, thank you ♥
Sewinggilly123
Nanarener
Nelson333Nelson
T Hugs
Billngrace
Patcher246
Tasfleur
I have also sewn the labels of the blockmakers onto the back of the quilt, behind the relevant blocks.
I made mine into a quillow, a quilt that folds into a pillow, so one of the blocks is on the back of the quilt and when folded into it, becomes a pillow.
My 3 yo grandaughter looked at it and said "Gran, that is brilliant" and that is a good recommendation, so I have to thank everyone who was involved.
Pics in post 1
Message 1 of 1,973
Latest reply
1,972 REPLIES 1,972

Oh no, it's gone now.

Now I can post my reply on it

Yes, I have an opinion. No you don't have to agree with it. Yes I do have a right to it.
Message 981 of 1,973
Latest reply

Yep you missed that one too!!:-p
Message 982 of 1,973
Latest reply

Anonymous
Not applicable
haha good one Puddles, now, can you go tell em that they missed a really big one.ROFL
Message 983 of 1,973
Latest reply

Way to go-Puddles:^O.
Richo----(retired sniper).
Message 984 of 1,973
Latest reply

Hmm, be back soon with a pic
Message 985 of 1,973
Latest reply

Photobucket
Photobucket
This is the stack and slash I did in 1 hour last Friday 🙂
I am going to add the bear applique piece to it and make a quilt for my toddler girl bed.
Message 986 of 1,973
Latest reply

chuk_77
Community Member
😮 you did that in an hour?????? wow. You ARE good.
Message 987 of 1,973
Latest reply

Chuk.... I have a lovely friend... she is an expert and a teacher of patchwork/quilting. She instructed me..... while she played with miss 3. I sewed.
I have to admit.... I did the sashings later, sorry. Just the blocks in an hour. The bears I did about 3 yrs ago.....
The stack and slash is a dress rehearsal for my collection of authentic William Morris fabrics....... that my daughter and son in law brought back from the UK for me.
Message 988 of 1,973
Latest reply

keeliaclare
Community Member
karen that's amazing!!! love it! Umm, but what exactly is a stack and slash??

Nearly finished, really not happy with quality of my quilting, but have done just about as much reverse sewing as I intend to do.

Onto the next project.

Will post finished pic later in the week.
Message 989 of 1,973
Latest reply

chuk_77
Community Member
I can do one block in a hour if.........................................

my machine doesn't mess up, no one makes a noise, I cut straight the first time, I don't loose concentration.

oh who am I kidding, I can cut a square in an hour.:^O
Message 990 of 1,973
Latest reply