Pierced ears

I am considering getting pierced ears. How do I go about it and who does it? Does it hurt, I am a wuss?
Message 1 of 28
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Pierced ears

Just for fun, here, Jean Smiley LOL

Get the lip, side of nostril, belly button, and other areas done as well for a good deal.  Smiley LOL

The tattoo art place might help out.  Got a tat?

Yes it may hurt while it's healing. 

Oh, and depending on the 'acidity' of your skin, you may have to continually wear 24ct gold earrings.  Some of the lesser quality of gold, can severely irritate and cause sores.

DEB

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 28
Latest reply
27 REPLIES 27

Pierced ears

Hi, Jean, the Chemist will pierce your ears and give you an antiseptic lotion to use for a few days. It does not hurt, just a little sting like a mosquito bite.

Make sure you get hoops for the first time, (also from the Chemist) as you can keep turning them while the piercing heals.

I had my ears pierced when I was 50 years old, but only because it was the first time I was given some real gold earrings.

Erica

Message 2 of 28
Latest reply

Pierced ears

I had my ears pierced when I was 15. My mom, sister, and I all did ours at the same time. My sister went first. Her face turned red, but she didn't make a sound. I went next, and although it hurt, there was NO way I was going to let my mom know. She went last, and screamed in agony. They used a piercing gun. The sound made it worse.  I think a needle through the ear would be less painful. 

I had mine done at a jewelry store at the time. I think most tattoo places have body piercers there. I don't have a tat, so, I'm not certain about that though. 

Make sure the person draws dots on your ears, and look in the mirror to make sure they are piercing your ears in the right place. 

Sleeping on those newly pierced ears was uncomfortable too. 

If you like to wear earings, it really is the best way to go. 

I've never regretted it. It did hurt though. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
no siggy
Message 3 of 28
Latest reply

Pierced ears

Make sure you go to one of these places.

423969654_73e0b74024_z.jpg

Message 4 of 28
Latest reply

Pierced ears

@jean2579 wrote:
I am considering getting pierced ears. How do I go about it and who does it? Does it hurt, I am a wuss?

Can't help you.

Though my ears are pierced - I have never stayed on my feet for any needle.

Have been told I hold my breath - not good - makes one faint.

Angel.gif

Message 5 of 28
Latest reply

Pierced ears

Just for fun, here, Jean Smiley LOL

Get the lip, side of nostril, belly button, and other areas done as well for a good deal.  Smiley LOL

The tattoo art place might help out.  Got a tat?

Yes it may hurt while it's healing. 

Oh, and depending on the 'acidity' of your skin, you may have to continually wear 24ct gold earrings.  Some of the lesser quality of gold, can severely irritate and cause sores.

DEB

Message 6 of 28
Latest reply

Pierced ears

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

I am a wuss too Jean.  When my daughters wanted their ears pierced I refused to go with them so they co-opted my Mother to accompany them.  They also persuaded her to get her ears pierced as well.

It was done at the local jeweller's and none of them had any problems at the time although the youngest had problems later when her pony tried to grab the dangly earring she was wearing....silly child should have known better!!

She had to remove the earrings until the infection settled then she had that ear redone.

The only regret I have at not getting my ears pierced is that I missed out on inheriting some lovely earrings that had belonged to my grandmother and great grandmother.  But I did get the screw ons that Mum had before getting her ears done.

Message 7 of 28
Latest reply

Pierced ears

They should spray your ear with an anasthetic.

Most definitely get hoops NOT STUDS.

Bath your ears every night and morning with a weak dettol/water solution, warm is best.

Use soaked (in the dettol solution)cotton BALLS to dab aound the earring and earlobe to loosen any crusty stuff

Then start turning the hoop while the dettol solution is dribbling down your ear, unitl you know the dettol got all the way in (usually when your earring is completely slippery within the ear.

Do this for three weeks minimum, then add another week for each decade of your age over 20 years.

This is also the instruction to fix your ears if they get infected, but should be fixed in a week or two.

Message 8 of 28
Latest reply

Pierced ears

I had mine done 49yrs ago, they used a very large needle back then, not like they do it these days.

The needle didnt hurt, back then the dr. had to do it, the main problem was getting the holes in same position on each ear.  I had to put vaseline on my ears and turn the sleepers every day, I didnt get any infections.

Message 9 of 28
Latest reply

Pierced ears

@polksaladallie wrote:

Make sure you go to one of these places.

423969654_73e0b74024_z.jpg

i prefer to drop mine off and pick them up later

Message 10 of 28
Latest reply