Should They be Allowed

When a person applies for a job on a Pollies staff, At the interview should the Pollie or their staff member doing the interview be allow to question the person able their political affiliations.

I have just been listening to a man who's son allowed for a job with one of the local pollies.  He is very angry because his son was question at some length abot what political party he followed.

Message 1 of 17
Latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

Should They be Allowed

Yes. Why would a Labor want a Liberal working for them ?

The same as they should be security vetted by ASIO if the Pollie is of a certain level.

Edit

Sorry, to me it is kind of stupid to go for a job with a pollie if you don't like the brand of politics.

But that's me.

Message 2 of 17
Latest reply

Should They be Allowed

Of course they should.

You would think that someone applying for a position with a particular political party supported that party.
Message 3 of 17
Latest reply

Should They be Allowed

@grandmoon wrote:

When a person applies for a job on a Pollies staff, At the interview should the Pollie or their staff member doing the interview be allow to question the person able their political affiliations.

I have just been listening to a man who's son allowed for a job with one of the local pollies.  He is very angry because his son was question at some length abot what political party he followed.

I think you'd need to be sure whoever you employed was supportive of your political beliefs - otherwise you might end up with a mole in your office, undermining everything you tried to do like that little toerag,  James Ashby 

Message 4 of 17
Latest reply

Should They be Allowed

The only time I don't think you should ask is if you are a military person being seconded to a pollies office for whatever reason.

The military in this country is politically impartial and needs to stay that way but for everyone else, I think it is a reasonable question.

I also think you don't want Communists working for the Gov't.

Message 5 of 17
Latest reply

Should They be Allowed

yes, of course.

Message 6 of 17
Latest reply

Should They be Allowed

If you are working in a government departmenti.e. as a public servant, then political affiliation should not be a consideration.

If you are working in the office of any one  politician - particularly if you are going to be liaising with the public - then your affiliation should be with the party that politician represents.

Message 7 of 17
Latest reply

Should They be Allowed

Definitely, it just makes sense.

When I interviewed for a job with a Fed Politician (years ago) I was asked, and thoroughly vetted and I expected it.  I did get the job but that was a  long time ago. 

Message 8 of 17
Latest reply

Should They be Allowed

IMO there is more reasons as to why the kid didn't get the job besides the fact, that asked about his political affiliation's.   But his father is talking about appeal on the grounds of the political questions.

Message 9 of 17
Latest reply

Should They be Allowed

@the_great_she_elephant wrote:

@grandmoon wrote:

I think you'd need to be sure whoever you employed was supportive of your political beliefs - otherwise you might end up with a mole in your office, undermining everything you tried to do like that little toerag,  James Ashby 

WOW I agree with you she el  

Message 10 of 17
Latest reply