Taking a break

I'll be taking a break from here for a while so that I can focus on issues that I am passionate about without the unnecessary upsets. Play nice. Stay safe. And, if anyone is interested, there will be a nationwide march for refugees on Palm Sunday, March 20th.

"There is nothing more; but I want nothing more." Christopher Hitchins
Message 1 of 22
Latest reply
21 REPLIES 21

Taking a break

Message 2 of 22
Latest reply

Taking a break

Take care Bluecat, don't stay away too long xx

Message 3 of 22
Latest reply

Taking a break

moonflyte
Community Member

Man LOL

Message 4 of 22
Latest reply

Taking a break

Blue cat, if your passion relates to the refugees, I wish you all the best. My son is one of the barristers who represent them and has a huge regard for them. 

Message 5 of 22
Latest reply

Taking a break

@bluecat*dancing wrote:

And, if anyone is interested, there will be a nationwide march for refugees on Palm Sunday, March 20th.

Any chance of having a nationwide march for unfashionable AUSTRALIANS? People like these:

Homeless Australians

Some 105,200 Australians are without a home.

[...]

http://www.abc.net.au/interactives/homeless/

or

MORE than 2.5 million Australians are now living below the poverty line, according to a major new report by the Australian Council of Social Services.

The report, to be released today, will show that in the past two years, a quarter of a million more Australians have fallen into poverty, raising the national poverty rate to 13.9 per cent.

http://www.news.com.au/finance/money/costs/australian-poverty-rate-hits-139-per-cent-acoss-report-sh...

Why not do a fund raiser for the Royal Flying Doctor Service? Why not offer to do the shopping for a blind person? Sure, not as many headlines doing mundane things like that but it all counts.

Message 6 of 22
Latest reply

Taking a break

and those stats will get worse.

Message 7 of 22
Latest reply

Taking a break

moonflyte
Community Member

Poets day has come early Robot LOL

Message 8 of 22
Latest reply