UK NOW - Grenfell Tower fire

Grenfell Tower fire: Fears for residents as giant blaze engulfs 27-storey London apartment block

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-14/london-major-fire-engulfs-24-storey-apartment-building/8617158

Message 1 of 20
Latest reply
19 REPLIES 19

Londeners are most probably wondering what they have done wrong and what is going to happen next.

They seem to be going from one disaster to the next.

I am very sorry for the people involved in the fire .

Message 2 of 20
Latest reply

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Awful.   1am, everyone must've been in bed.

They're not saying terrorism, yet, but maybe a gas leak?  For it to go up so quickly?

Message 3 of 20
Latest reply

Horrific Woman Sad

Message 4 of 20
Latest reply

I'm feeling sick seeing the reports Woman Sad

Message 5 of 20
Latest reply

I think you might be right, stawka
Message 6 of 20
Latest reply

i remember going to the pictures to see "towering inferno" and ever since when i see new very tall buildings my first thought is how do you get out if theres a fire on the lower levels.

this was an apartment building, whatever fire prevention it had seems to have been pretty useless.

Message 7 of 20
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

i remember going to the pictures to see "towering inferno" and ever since when i see new very tall buildings my first thought is how do you get out if theres a fire on the lower levels.

this was an apartment building, whatever fire prevention it had seems to have been pretty useless.

David, there is no fire ' prevention '.

The best that can be done - given - you are awake - is a way out.

Message 8 of 20
Latest reply

Their lives, their homes.  It's just horrible;  those poor people.    Words are not enough to express the feelings.

Message 9 of 20
Latest reply

@imastawka wrote:

Awful.   1am, everyone must've been in bed.

They're not saying terrorism, yet, but maybe a gas leak?  For it to go up so quickly?

It's strange but terrorism never entered my mind for a second, but I suppose anything would be possible.

It doesn't sound as if it is anything more than a fire but a very horrific one for anyone living higher up in the building.

I don't know that firefighters can easily tackle anything that is more than a few storeys high.

Message 10 of 20
Latest reply