Violence against women OK.

Muslim leader Keysar Trad tells Andrew Bolt violence against women is 'last resort'

A controversial Muslim community leader has said violence towards women should be a "last resort".

President of the Australian Federation of Islamic Councils Keysar Trad appeared on Sky News last night when host Andrew Bolt brought up domestic violence.

The presenter quoted from the Koran, saying "It is permissible for him (husbands) to beat her (the wife) light with his hands".

"Violence is a last resort," Trad responded.

"Before you even consider using your hand before you consider any act of violence have you checked box number one, which is counselling. Have you checked box number two?

[...]

http://www.9news.com.au/national/2017/02/23/06/33/muslim-leader-keysar-trad-tells-andrew-bolt-violen...

Given the priapic identity of the alleged religion in question is it any wonder we see such views trotted out from time to time.

I'll bet we'll see an avalanche of criticism directed at Mr Trad after what he had to say. At the same time we'll see a flight of pigs soaring high.

Julia Gillard phone your office.

Message 1 of 97
Latest reply
96 REPLIES 96

i think 'our culture' of the 60's and 70's religion wise must be looked at through todays eyes.

are we not watching a case of child abuse by god fearin' folk of biblical proportions right now?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-06/royal-commission-into-child-sexual-abuse-begins-in-sydney/8242...

seems we were turning a blind eye to some pretty nasty things going on right under our noses.

Message 11 of 97
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

i think 'our culture' of the 60's and 70's religion wise must be looked at through todays eyes.

are we not watching a case of child abuse by god fearin' folk of biblical proportions right now?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-06/royal-commission-into-child-sexual-abuse-begins-in-sydney/8242...

seems we were turning a blind eye to some pretty nasty things going on right under our noses.

Not so.

There is no blind eye being turned to it now, it is under the spotlight, crime flavour of the month.

There's a really important distinction you're missing here.

And that is, that the people who abused children, whether they were clergy or stars in the media, knew it was wrong and hid it.

Some of those who heard about it also hid it. Most child abuse happened in the family and so called friends of the family. Also hidden.

Pregnancy out of wedlock-also 'hidden' as many women moved away or into homes and put the children up for adoption.

No one is saying that child abuse or wife bashing hasn't gone on and doesn't go on in Christian homes or that the clergy have never sinned. But they tried to hide it, they didn't anticipate being caught.

The (enormous) difference with the muslim religion at the moment is sections of it actively condone wife bashing, they not only sanction stoning of women but demand it in some areas.

That is a totally different scenario. In one, you have clergy sinning but trying to hide it, in the other, you have clergy saying it isn't a sin, it is quite alright.

Message 12 of 97
Latest reply

Some people dont try to hide it, was in Australia and heard 2 guys saying nothing wrong with giving a women a slap every now and then, yes your good old boy Aussies.

Nasty men or women who did not seem to think it was wrong, lots more like that around.

I am not sticking up for any one who is violent, just saying it happens every day and SOME think there is nothing wrong with it. 

Message 13 of 97
Latest reply

One of the worst things I saw recently was a British documentary about rape in South Africa and many of the perpetrators just could not get it when they were asked if what they did was wrong or how they felt about the victim.

It is not a religion thing, these guys could not care less about the victim and were quite blatant in describing how they went about their crimes.

Photobucket
Message 14 of 97
Latest reply

How many times have we heard over the years that a way a women is dressed means she is asking for it, think people have heard that in every country in the world.

Message 15 of 97
Latest reply

reread what i wrote,

you said,

"That is not what they said in the 1960s or 1970s about our culture. They said our culture was wrong and needed to change."

to which i replied,

"are we not watching a case of child abuse by god fearin' folk of biblical proportions right now?"

pointing out the royal commission into child sexual abuse, that abuse was happening during the 1960's and 1970's.

so anyone pointing out at the time that our culture was wrong and needed to change was actually correct. maybe not our entire culture but a part of it sure did. but we are not saying the entire muslim culture needs to change are we, just parts of it.

of course i'm not saying we should have adopted the koran, just that under the 'holy bible' we had evil men doing evil things. i'm sure some of them told themselves they were doing 'gods work'

when our clergymen were doing evil there were many i believe who looked the other way. and now those people are running for cover.

Message 16 of 97
Latest reply

That is very complex

Photobucket
Message 17 of 97
Latest reply

@davidc4430 wrote:

reread what i wrote,

you said,

"That is not what they said in the 1960s or 1970s about our culture. They said our culture was wrong and needed to change."

to which i replied,

pointing out the royal commission into child sexual abuse, that abuse was happening during the 1960's and 1970's.

so anyone pointing out at the time that our culture was wrong and needed to change was actually correct. maybe not our entire culture but a part of it sure did. but we are not saying the entire muslim culture needs to change are we, just parts of it.

What I find interesting is that some of those people who back then were saying that our culture needed to change, or parts of it did, in particular the parts that related to how women were treated, are now totally silent about the muslim culture. Totally.

In fact when asked, some of the main women's lib figures shrug their shoulders and say-that's their culture, got to be respected.

It's okay to say that about another country, perhaps, but what about what happens here?

Message 18 of 97
Latest reply

@springyzone wrote:

The trouble with Islam is the teaching is current. It is the current state of play.

And what surprises me is that we don't get women's libbers making any comments.

In fact some of them turn around and just say oh well, that is their culture, got to respect it. That is not what they said in the 1960s or 1970s about our culture. They said our culture was wrong and needed to change.

How come none of them ever say anything in the muslim religion (such as stoning women etc) is wrong?

Because their belief is that their holy book has never changed so it's still stuck in the middle ages.

The religion is based on domination because that's what the guy whole started it all was about,(he went to war

over it and it was believe what he believed or you'll cease to exist).

Then it was pounded into them via prayer 6 times a day,(like a cult that if you repeat something often enough

it will become truth).

The part I find strange is that the religion believes in female mutilation,(which of course is a man thing as no

"god/deity would condone it as it's inferring with what they created).

Message 20 of 97
Latest reply