Young woman is auctioning her imaginary friend

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Of course you are over thinking this. Come over here and sit next to me on the overthinkers couch.

Blessed are the cracked, for they are the ones who let in the light.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

how much is the postage?

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

A YOUNG woman is auctioning her imaginary friend on eBay on the advice of her psychiatrist.

In the ad, 22-year-old Londoner Georgia Horrocks explains that her invisible buddy, Bernard, manifested “at a time of emotional instability” during her childhood.

“My psychiatrist recommended that I say goodbye to Bernard, and although I would like some financial compensation it is more important that he finds a good home,” Ms Horrocks writes.

She hoped the “active” and “mischievous” Bernard would fetch as much as £200 (AUD 367), adding that he “will be sent via imagination to the winning bidder”.

Before you dismiss Ms Horrocks’ ad — or this story — as a dumb joke that nobody in their right mind would fall for, know that in 2007, a British man sold his imaginary friend for a whopping $2,750.

The vendor, “thewildandcrazyoli”, posted the following sales pitch: “My imaginary friend Jon Malipieman is getting too old for me now. I am now 27 and I feel I am growing out of him.

“He is very friendly. Along with him, I will send you what he likes and dislikes, his favourite things to do and his personal self portrait.”

......wonder if there is a market for all those little voices in my head......? Smiley Wink

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

Anyone contemplating purchase would be well advised to watch Drop Dead Fred first.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

a trailer of Drop Dead Fred LOL amber

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kgh27gCgiQw

Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

This reminds me of the "Signfield" episode where Kramer sold all his life stories to "Peterman" to use as his own. Then Kramer had no past life, it was like he didn't exist. I guess he tried to purchase someone else's stories, but eventally ended up buying back his own stories after Peterman decided that Elane could make up better ones.

How do you sell an imaginary friend? Would not the buyer have to imagine the friend too?, if they couldn't, would they be due a refund? Seems to me that wanting an imaganary friend wouldn't be enough.

One would first have to be able to imagine that there was actually someone out there who wanted to be their friend. Then if they could do that, they wouldn't need to purchase one. Am I overthinking this?

Fun Factor : Now you have a choice in chat, factor that
Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Of course you are over thinking this. Come over here and sit next to me on the overthinkers couch.

Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

What colour is it? And do you have a coffee table?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

@amber-eyed-girl wrote:
What colour is it? And do you have a coffee table?

The couch is black and at the moment has two bengals sitting on it because they overthink everything, and yes coffee table. Coffee will also be provided.

Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

how much is the postage?

Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

"Free"

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply