receiving spam email from your own email address.... Grrr

I keep getting spam emails supposedly sent from my own email address.  When i go to *block email senders* I get a msg saying i cant block emails from my own email account.
I have a bogus email contact as my first emaill recipient. 
(eg: Aaa_aa@aa.com.au )Thats supposed to stop  generated bots sending emails to your contact lists, and as far as I know, my account isnt sending OUT emails to my contact list, only to me.

(1)  How is this possible?

(2) How can I stop it happening?

Its always from sex sites and the sort! 

I'm getting at least 10-20 every few days.

Waaaaaaa Man Sad  Man Sad  Man Sad

Is there a computor nerd who might  be able to help me

Pppppppllllllllllllllllleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaassssssssssseeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.......

thanx folks

xxj

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
They Stop The Doctors From Killing You.
Message 1 of 14
Latest reply
13 REPLIES 13

imastawka
Honored Contributor

Ermagerd!

I'm not laughing....promise   lol.gif

Sorry I can't help

Message 2 of 14
Latest reply

It doesn't make sense to me. Have you contacted your ISP's Technical Support service? That's what I would do, rather than muck around with settings etc and possibly make things worse.

Message 3 of 14
Latest reply

Firstly clear cookies n temp internet files manually. Check by view files to make sure none remain.

Then clear browser history.

Then run windows defender doing a full scan and fix any errors/files etc. This can take a while.

Restart computer.

If you don't know how on the above let me know and I will walk you through it.

I also had spam emails coming to my junk folder supposedly from my own email.

Turns out they make it appear as coming from my own on several levels but is actually coming from somewhere else.

There is a way to see where it's coming from within the program info but can't remember how.

image host
Message 4 of 14
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

There is a way to see where it's coming from within the program info but can't remember how.

Right click on the Email so that you don't open it and then scroll down and click on View message source.

Scroll down and you'll get to Received from,(that should show you where it's actually coming from).

Message 5 of 14
Latest reply

Thanks Kopes and Taz.
I'll try that next time I have a spare 3 hrs to work out how to do what you both just said.... LOL

and erm.... Stawks...... ummm... thanks for 'nothing'   LOL  Man Very Happy Man Very Happy Man Very Happy

I appreciate your solutions. I'll try them tomorrow.

Thank you xxj

********* *********** *********** ************ ************ *********** ***********
Be Kind To Nurses....
Message 6 of 14
Latest reply

@go-tazz wrote:

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Right click on the Email so that you don't open it and then scroll down and click on View message source.

Scroll down and you'll get to Received from,(that should show you where it's actually coming from).

@Taz, I just tried that. I didnt get anything to *scroll down* to. It just came up with my own email address. This particular account is @live.com  ...........one of the freebies.

It's the same  account that an UK ebayer accidently used to link her own ebay account too by mistake a few years ago and I was getting all HER messages from ebay saying she'd won this and that!  It might jog your memory, I wrote about it on here...LOL
In actual fact, I got a email from some Land evaluation mob in the UK a few weeks ago, thanking me for my enquiry  LOL... Obviously, she hasnt got a bleeding clue on what she's doing..... a bit like me  Man LOL

I had 58 spam emails this morning. 

52 were supposedly from my email account. Ive selected *block all* and it did, but it never does block the ones from my email addy. I'm heading off to try Kopes suggestions now, while i have time...

Cheers folks.

xxj

Be Kind To Nurses....
Message 7 of 14
Latest reply

Ok, Kopes,
Ive completed your suggestions, so we'll see how it all pans out.

I've also set up daily optimising and analysing too.

I'll give it a couple of days, and come back with the results.

Thank you Man Happy

xxj

Be Kind To Nurses....
Message 8 of 14
Latest reply

Kopes,

It hasnt solved the issue......

although I only had 29 in the junk folder today with about 2/3rds of them sent from my own account. I did the right click thing mentioned earlier, but it lists my own email address. I dont really want to open the email.....

I've had this particular email for many years now. Dumping this email account is not an option.

Im at a loss with what to try next... any suggestions anyone????

PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.......

tia

xxj

Be Kind To Nurses....
Message 9 of 14
Latest reply

Have you got a naughty cat?

f389503600c91cdc649b804e087a9cc57c89d1587e5db5f83a1e60247eaa4b6c.jpg

Message 10 of 14
Latest reply