ttinline popup - how to block

Could someone please advise how to permanently block the ttinline popup that is invading my computer every time I go on ebay?

It's driving me insane. I have tried unsuccessfully many times to 'disable' the darn thing but to no avail.

Help please.

Di

Message 1 of 31
Latest reply
30 REPLIES 30

Re: ttinline popup - how to block

I 'd try Freakiness' suggestion.

Have a look in your add/remove programs pane and see if there's any oddities there.

If you don't know how , tell us what version of windows you are running and someone will help you out.

I had to remove something similar from my SILs computer recently. It had me stuffed for a while because I hadn't used Windows 8.

Also what internet browser are you using? sometimes the addware popup thingy has made itself an Add-on tot he browser

Message 11 of 31
Latest reply

i all,

Thank you for your great advice. I have done everything I can about removing this sh***y thing from my computer.

It never appeared before today.  The following instructions do not apply because I do not have it showing in the Programs

How to Remove Kozaka inline Pop-up and TT Ads by Kozaka? (Pop-up Removal Instruction)

Quick Removal Guide Outlined:

Step 1 > Uninstall Kozaka related programs from your Windows Control Panel. It is not listed.
Step 2 > Remove Kozaka related Toolbar plug-in, toolbar, add-on, extension from IE/Firefox/Chrome. Don't have it installed
Step 3 > Protect your privacy and clean leftover of Kozaka adware using Cloud System Booster. I have a good malware program
Step 1 > Uninstall Kozaka related programs from your Windows Control Panel.
โ€ข For Windows 8, open the Start screen, type Uninstall and then go to Settings. In the search results, go to Uninstall a program. N/A
โ€ข For Windows 7 and Vista, open the Start menu and navigate to Control Panel>Programs>Uninstall a Program N/A
โ€ข For Windows XP, open the Start menu and navigate to Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs N/A
Please search and select Kozaka programs and then click Uninstall. No such file on my computer

This has me beat because it only appears when I am browsing on ebay.

Once again, thanks for the advice.

Di

Message 12 of 31
Latest reply

I wonder if a system restore to a point before yesterday would help?

Message 13 of 31
Latest reply

what windows version and browser are you using?

Message 14 of 31
Latest reply

What I meant was that it was put there by clicking on the wrong thing/site, regardless or not of whether you did it intentionally. By 'wrong site' I'm not implying "naughty" sites either. You misconstrued my meaning.

There are various ways malware gets on a computer. It happened to my daughters computer recently when she'd clicked on some survey/site via Facebook. It was all perfectly innocent looking she claims. Then she started getting popups and stuff like that.

@patchoo78 wrote:

@grumpy*cat*rocks wrote:

As others have said it has nothing to do with ebay. I do not have that annoying popup on my computer either.

You have at some stage clicked on something that you shouldn't have and now have malware of some sort on your computer.

I would be using a program such as Malwarebytes and scanning your computer and removing that nasty.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Ebay didn't put it there, you did.

That's a bit harsh... It doesn't always mean that the person clicked on something they shouldn't have, sometimes these Ad-Ware can sneak in via legitimate downloaded  software; it's happened to me a few times and I don't click on things I shouldn't.. 

With these types of things it's not always as easy as going to Malware bytes and scanning, there is a multiple step process to get rid of it completely because they're really good at invading your computer.

She googled for a solution, followed the instructions, which included downloading Malwarebytes, then removed it from her computer.

photo GRUMPYCATSIGN_zpsa8f18bba.jpg
Message 15 of 31
Latest reply

Hi grumpy-cat,

I installed your suggestions and the bluddy things is still there.  It seems to change the items to suit what I am looking at, i.e. the new thread about cat pee - the ads were all about cats.

I am about to try using ebay on my OH's computer - but certainly not logging in.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Di

Message 16 of 31
Latest reply

chopped liver, yep I'm just chopped liver

*wanders out*

Message 17 of 31
Latest reply

I hardly think it has anything to do with Ebay or else we'd all be screaming.

Try some of those other suggestions, also just because you have a "good" malware program doesn't mean you can't try another one to try and sort this out,

Message 18 of 31
Latest reply

It's probably caused by something called EnhanceTronicAds, but I can't help if the op won't talk to me, so I give up

*wanders out Again*

Message 19 of 31
Latest reply

Try asking on Whirlpool Forums. They are very knowledgable there. I've had lots of good advice given by the computer wizzs who frequent that site whenever I have computer issues.

Good luck.

photo GRUMPYCATSIGN_zpsa8f18bba.jpg
Message 20 of 31
Latest reply