eBay
  • eBay Deals
  • Win a Car!
esseco46
Community Member

ttinline popup - how to block

Could someone please advise how to permanently block the ttinline popup that is invading my computer every time I go on ebay?

It's driving me insane. I have tried unsuccessfully many times to 'disable' the darn thing but to no avail.

Help please.

Di

Please use plain text.
esseco46
Community Member

Re: ttinline popup - how to block

in reply to esseco46

Pease, someone save my sanity - it takes up half ascreen.

Di

Please use plain text.
the_hawk*
Community Member

in reply to esseco46

and what is a ttinline popup, I never get popups on ebay.

but I have a popup blocker on my browser and also have anti spyware as well as anti virus running.

Please use plain text.
esseco46
Community Member

in reply to the_hawk*

Hi hawk,

TTineline is an advertising website and it is a very annoying popup that takes up 1/3 of my screen that advertises anything and everything.

I tried using a different browser and it still comes up. I followed their instructions to prevent it coming up and there is an 'however' with says, please note that if you delete or refresh your cookies, the ads, from TTinline will be re-activated automatically. In order to clear all TTinline references and functionality from your browser after uninstall (there is no uninstall that I can find), please clear your cache and delete any temporary internet files.

I have done this and it doesn't work.

I have all blockups blocked and I have a secure antivirus which I run every day.

I guess it is persisent spam with ebays approval sort of like the Reader's Digest letters that are never ending, even when the person has died.

If it continues, I will be leaving ebay it annoys that much.

Di

Please use plain text.
purple_haize
Community Member

in reply to esseco46

I never get pop ups on ebay and like Hawk have my pop up blocker in place.

If none of us are having this problem, I cant see that ebay is the cause, maybe you have a virus or something you have picked up along the way.

Try running an anti virus thingo through your computer, plenty of free ones you can down load.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to esseco46

esseco46 wrote:

Hi hawk,

TTineline is an advertising website and it is a very annoying popup that takes up 1/3 of my screen that advertises anything and everything.

I tried using a different browser and it still comes up. I followed their instructions to prevent it coming up and there is an 'however' with says, please note that if you delete or refresh your cookies, the ads, from TTinline will be re-activated automatically. In order to clear all TTinline references and functionality from your browser after uninstall (there is no uninstall that I can find), please clear your cache and delete any temporary internet files.

I have all blockups blocked and I have a secure antivirus which I run every day.

I guess it is persisent spam with ebays approval sort of like the Reader's Digest letters that are never ending, even when the person has died.

Di

Google is your friend

You have a malware add bar on your computer thats all.... nothing at all to do with ebay,,, everything to do with your browser and computer security.

https://www.google.com.au/search?site=&source=hp&q=tt+inline+popup&oq=TTinline&gs_l=hp.1.1.0i10l10.1...

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=tt+inline+popup+remove&oq=tt+inline+popup+remove&gs_l=serp.3...12...

Please use plain text.
freakiness
Community Member

in reply to esseco46

esseco46 wrote:

Hi hawk,

Di

do you know how to find add and remove programs in your control panel?

try removing it through there

Please use plain text.
grumpy*cat*rocks
Community Member

in reply to freakiness

As others have said it has nothing to do with ebay. I do not have that annoying popup on my computer either.

You have at some stage clicked on something that you shouldn't have and now have malware of some sort on your computer.

I would be using a program such as Malwarebytes and scanning your computer and removing that nasty.

http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Ebay didn't put it there, you did.

photo GRUMPYCATSIGN_zpsa8f18bba.jpg
Please use plain text.
patchoo78
Community Member

in reply to esseco46

esseco46 wrote:

Could someone please advise how to permanently block the ttinline popup that is invading my computer every time I go on ebay?

It's driving me insane. I have tried unsuccessfully many times to 'disable' the darn thing but to no avail.

Help please.

Di

Try this website

http://forums.anvisoft.com/viewtopic-57-6618-0.html

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Please use plain text.
patchoo78
Community Member

in reply to grumpy*cat*rocks

grumpy*cat*rocks wrote:

As others have said it has nothing to do with ebay. I do not have that annoying popup on my computer either.

You have at some stage clicked on something that you shouldn't have and now have malware of some sort on your computer.

I would be using a program such as Malwarebytes and scanning your computer and removing that nasty.

That's a bit harsh... It doesn't always mean that the person clicked on something they shouldn't have, sometimes these Ad-Ware can sneak in via legitimate downloaded  software; it's happened to me a few times and I don't click on things I shouldn't.. 

With these types of things it's not always as easy as going to Malware bytes and scanning, there is a multiple step process to get rid of it completely because they're really good at invading your computer.

You keep using that word, I do not think it means what you think it means
Please use plain text.
the*scarlet*pimpernel
Community Member

in reply to patchoo78

I 'd try Freakiness' suggestion.

Have a look in your add/remove programs pane and see if there's any oddities there.

If you don't know how , tell us what version of windows you are running and someone will help you out.

I had to remove something similar from my SILs computer recently. It had me stuffed for a while because I hadn't used Windows 8.

Also what internet browser are you using? sometimes the addware popup thingy has made itself an Add-on tot he browser

Please use plain text.
esseco46
Community Member

in reply to esseco46

i all,

Thank you for your great advice. I have done everything I can about removing this sh***y thing from my computer.

It never appeared before today.  The following instructions do not apply because I do not have it showing in the Programs

How to Remove Kozaka inline Pop-up and TT Ads by Kozaka? (Pop-up Removal Instruction)

Quick Removal Guide Outlined:

Step 1 > Uninstall Kozaka related programs from your Windows Control Panel. It is not listed.
Step 2 > Remove Kozaka related Toolbar plug-in, toolbar, add-on, extension from IE/Firefox/Chrome. Don't have it installed
Step 3 > Protect your privacy and clean leftover of Kozaka adware using Cloud System Booster. I have a good malware program
Step 1 > Uninstall Kozaka related programs from your Windows Control Panel.
• For Windows 8, open the Start screen, type Uninstall and then go to Settings. In the search results, go to Uninstall a program. N/A
• For Windows 7 and Vista, open the Start menu and navigate to Control Panel>Programs>Uninstall a Program N/A
• For Windows XP, open the Start menu and navigate to Control Panel>Add or Remove Programs N/A
Please search and select Kozaka programs and then click Uninstall. No such file on my computer

This has me beat because it only appears when I am browsing on ebay.

Once again, thanks for the advice.

Di

Please use plain text.
the*scarlet*pimpernel
Community Member

in reply to esseco46

I wonder if a system restore to a point before yesterday would help?

Please use plain text.
the*scarlet*pimpernel
Community Member

in reply to the*scarlet*pimpernel

what windows version and browser are you using?

Please use plain text.
grumpy*cat*rocks
Community Member

in reply to patchoo78

What I meant was that it was put there by clicking on the wrong thing/site, regardless or not of whether you did it intentionally. By 'wrong site' I'm not implying "naughty" sites either. You misconstrued my meaning.

There are various ways malware gets on a computer. It happened to my daughters computer recently when she'd clicked on some survey/site via Facebook. It was all perfectly innocent looking she claims. Then she started getting popups and stuff like that.

patchoo78 wrote:

grumpy*cat*rocks wrote:

That's a bit harsh... It doesn't always mean that the person clicked on something they shouldn't have, sometimes these Ad-Ware can sneak in via legitimate downloaded  software; it's happened to me a few times and I don't click on things I shouldn't.. 

With these types of things it's not always as easy as going to Malware bytes and scanning, there is a multiple step process to get rid of it completely because they're really good at invading your computer.

She googled for a solution, followed the instructions, which included downloading Malwarebytes, then removed it from her computer.

Please use plain text.
esseco46
Community Member

in reply to grumpy*cat*rocks

Hi grumpy-cat,

I installed your suggestions and the bluddy things is still there.  It seems to change the items to suit what I am looking at, i.e. the new thread about cat pee - the ads were all about cats.

I am about to try using ebay on my OH's computer - but certainly not logging in.

Thanks for your suggestion.

Di

Please use plain text.
the*scarlet*pimpernel
Community Member

in reply to esseco46

chopped liver, yep I'm just chopped liver

*wanders out*

Please use plain text.
roserobin12
Community Member

in reply to the*scarlet*pimpernel

I hardly think it has anything to do with Ebay or else we'd all be screaming.

Try some of those other suggestions, also just because you have a "good" malware program doesn't mean you can't try another one to try and sort this out,

Please use plain text.
the*scarlet*pimpernel
Community Member

in reply to roserobin12

It's probably caused by something called EnhanceTronicAds, but I can't help if the op won't talk to me, so I give up

*wanders out Again*

Please use plain text.
grumpy*cat*rocks
Community Member

in reply to esseco46

Try asking on Whirlpool Forums. They are very knowledgable there. I've had lots of good advice given by the computer wizzs who frequent that site whenever I have computer issues.

Good luck.

Please use plain text.