Has anyone else had a bad experience dealing with the Chinese seller <Removed>

Back in April I purchased a low cost keyboard from this seller and, after it arrived about six weeks later, I discovered that several keys didn't work.  In May I raised a 'Case' against this seller and they agreed to replace the keyboard by sending another one.  I therefore closed the 'Case' on the basis of  the seller's promise to send another one.

It is now late August and the replacement keyboard has never arrived and, because I closed the case I have no way of getting back to the seller.  There are no longer any items being sold by them, and attempting to track things though the eBay processes always comes up with a dead end - eBay thinks that the case is closed and all is well.

Now it's not the loss of only a few dollars that I am concerned about, but it's the principle of not being able to follow the transaction through that I am concerned about.

This seller may have made an honest mistake, or they may have 'diddled' many buyers each for only a few dollars and are now laughing all the way to the bank!

Can anyone within eBay or outside of eBay assist please?

Thanks in anticipation!

--Doug.

Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Has anyone else had a bad experience dealing with the Chinese seller.

I have had many bad experiences with Chinese sellers in general and don't buy from them anymore.

Why should we give our money to another country ? Much better for the future of our country to buy locally.

Unfortunately you made the mistake of closing the case.

You keep the case open until you have satisfaction.

You could try to open a case in PayPal for INAD.

image host
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Hi , closing the case may have been considered an indication that issue had been resolved by you the Buyer, therefor no longer an obligation of the Seller to replace subject item.

Sort of like a plaintiff dropping charges in criminal court  

Anyhow did you supply proof of the issue ? Did you offer to return the defective keyboard ?

Regarding proof there are freeware keyboard test apps that will enable onscreen valuation of each key - the test run can be captured using an app such as AutoScreenRecorder (free) which will show defective keys - the video capture can also show correct installation of device and also any associated control programs included with the kb

BTW in dealing with Chinese Sellers is best to first note positive aspects of the transaction then note your concern with reference depicting proof showing clearly not to their description , then ask for their advice

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Dear Doug, I often question what Ebay does to earn $billions that they do, obliously providing back-up service isn't one of them. I'm presently battling with a faulty electronic device that cost me $440 from a Chinese dealer and trying to get a fair consumer outcome wrt  AAAC rules is like hitting your head against a brick wall. Apart from a few exceptions, it seems that their business etiquette is zilch.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply