Lithium battery 20 Ah solution for MR40 Engel car fridge?

Im looking for a 'solution' on runng a lithium ion battery to run an engel fridge.

With substantially less weight and size 20Ah should run the fridge (max 2.75 amps usage) for 7 hours even 4 would be good.  Once cold itholds for a while anyrate so I would be back inthe car. A solution producing greater than 3 amps would recharge the lithium battery faster?

Lithium ion should recharge faster than many other batteries apart from say a heavy deep cycle?

I would need look at both alternator & solar recharge of the lithium battery solution.

Have I my wires crossed?

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

cq_tech
Community Member
4 REPLIES 4

cq_tech
Community Member

ca04
Community Member

If you charge or discharge lithium batteries too fast they can heat to the point of explosion.

They have a rateing on the battery that relates to the rate of charge/discharge.

This is independent of their ah rating.

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

2n5459
Community Member

lipo batteries with high charge/discharge rates (up to 20C) are sold by hobby stores for remote control model cars and planes. You will need a ready-built solution because lithium cells need a charge controller for each cell, they are very intolerant of overcharging, shorting, and being run too low.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

I went to a Gel battery -  thankyou!

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply