Regarding Product

Hi ,

I am Prahlad Mainali.I bought ASUS F555Y from ebay about 4 months ago and my item number is 172305580035 and transaction id is 1587181790007.I though that the product would be brand new.But the laptop was refurnished. I was not aware of such things as i just came to asutralia and was new customer of Ebay and also it was not mentioned in product specification.But i was shocked when i knew that it is refurnishied product. But i didnot make any complain thinking that it will work properly.Now many peobems were occured.It is slow,takes long time (30 to 60 mins)to connect to wifi,sometimes cannot be connected to WIFI etc.Because of this,i am facing problem in doing my assignments.I feel being cheated.So i want to return this product and want to buy brand new.I hope you will understand my problem.

Thank you 

Prahlad Mainali

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

Regarding Product

Not ebay here, just members like yourself

The listing for the item number you give clearly states more than once it is refurbished

From the listing

Asus Refurbished Laptop - Terms and Conditions:

1. Laptop is certified refurbished by Asus with 1 year Back to Asus warranty.    

2. Refurbished by Asus Australia.

3. Near new, may have slight blemishes, in full working order.    

4. Tax Invoice provided with each purchase.      

5. 100% Australian Stocks & Australian Seller.      

6. Item is in Melbourne will be shipped out immediately.    

7. Quick Handing & Delivery, ship from Melbourne.

8. Heavily discounted, limited stock.

Have you contacted the seller to see what they can do for you?

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

Regarding Product

Hi , I suggest first try connecting using the non-wifi ethernet cable option , after turning off the wifi network device .

if the problem remains then maybe an isp issue and if connects as expected then possibly to many wifi devices connected ( known and possibly unknown devices )

Being previously owned the computer may be registered on an isp subscription database  to another network modem or router and so the isp is questioning the connection, a phone call to your isp to confirm your ownership should resolve this issue

Network wifi devices usually support only limited connected devices - i think mine is 6 or 8 - so if more devices than maximum have connected , your connection will be problematic for obvious reasons. Try to access your modem control panel and note number of connections

in future this may assist communications

https://translate.google.com.au

ps - unless a tech issue is absolutely a specific manufacturer problem is best not to mention the manufacturer name , as they tend to get a bit excited from the unwanted publicity  within a retail / private line item auction hosted forum , and also many tech people may not reply if the manufacturer name is noted.

Just a thought , welcome to Australia 

Message 3 of 3
Latest reply