being stuffed around on warranty claim Samsung mobile phone

Hi need advice purchased new samsung 3 phone approx 2 months ago has been nothing but trouble turns itself on and off and goes to black screen, seller told me probably faulty battery purchased new battery for $35.000 made no difference sent me instructions to do hard reset did as asked, still no better asking for me to post back at my expense tells me there tech guy will check it out and repair this will take approx 7 to 10 days so with postage time weekends etc means ill probably be without a phone for 2 to 3 weeks and at this stage i assume they will probably send it back telling me nothing is wrong with phone and be stuffed around even more.

the web page states.

2 Year AUS Comprehensive Warranty (at top of page)

5 Star Services Included (Terms and Conditions Apply)

7 Days Replacement

Satisfaction Guaranteed

2 Year Merchant Warranty

I think that this amount of time to fix is unreasonable and the extra cost to post and the $35.00 paid for battery is not fair either.

Any advice would be appreciated

Message 1 of 3
Latest reply
2 REPLIES 2

1. Do not buy items such as phones on line as warranties are meaningless.

2.Always pay with Pay Pal.

3. If the phone was NBG from the time you received you had 45 days from date of purchase to avail yourself of the FREE buyer protection offered by Pay Pal.

4.Payment by other method & not dealing with reputable B & M stores can only end in tears when buying these type of items.

Message 2 of 3
Latest reply

cq_tech
Community Member
If the seller is a registered business, you can take your complaint to Fair Trading or Consumer Affairs and they will force him to repair or replace the phone at his expense. Whether a warranty was stated or not, you have a statutory warranty under the law and the seller has a legal responsibility to ensure you end up with a properly working phone, regardless of how or where you bought it.
Message 3 of 3
Latest reply