ryda-online gouging the eBay generated discounts...

So how widespread is this? I noticed today that Ryda increased the price on two uhf radio items I was considering by $50 on one, and $40 on the other. Or very close to. Their own online store (off eBay) still reflects a more compeitive pre discount price on both items. They are currently one of the few stores included in the 20% off tech eBay promo. Sadly, they are now gobbling almost all of the discount into their own profit. Also, how do not included sellers feel about the selective seller lists, especially given some sellers are prone to gouge. The store is ryda-online. Why does eBay allow it? Its just putting more money in the sellers pocket and most buyers will see the ploy as just that, another nothing non sale sale.
Message 1 of 2
Latest reply
1 REPLY 1

ryda-online gouging the eBay generated discounts...

<p>Well I have a response from Ryda in which they essentially threw eBay under the bus. Apparently there are pricing arrangements to consider and of course they cant go into them, which translates to shenannigans whereby the prices are raised by a significant amount, then 'discounted'. They added that buyers simply shopped on price, brand loyalty and reuptation were of limited value which does not bode well for after sales service and warranty issues.</p>

<p>Their list price on their own site is still $388 (plus post), here it was $378 (free post) to compete with the likes of ewarehouse and gadgetcity (I recommend either of these over Ryda, Ive dealt with gadgetcity). The same item on Ryda eBay is currently $428 less discount and while its still cheaper by a few bucks, remember that eBay pays this discount, as they have with BCF and several other companies. The discount now goes mostly into the pockets of Ryda, and not you the customer being offered it.</P>

<p>At best, this says that the eBay discount is not a discount, and is really just raising prices then lie about discount which Im pretty sure is illlegal. I know Kogan were fined for similar behaviour. Maybe eBay should reconsider including Ryda in its next offereings of the discount.</p>

<p>Ryda, its not about cheaper, its about you sucking up eBays official discount to buyers. Ill just pay the extra $20 and get it from one of the other great sellers. Id have absolutely no confidence dealing with a business that has no morals or values beyond make all the bucks you can. Customer service still matters, and paying it lip service will not do..</p>

<p>And I apologise for not putting this in the proper section.</p>

Message 2 of 2
Latest reply