Anyone Doing Dry January?

Man cuts out alcohol and coffee for two years and this is what happened

Thousands of people are three days into a Dry January, the tedious annual ritual of skipping all alcoholic drinks for 30 days.

But what happens if you manage to nail Dry January, then decide to keep going – for another two years?

A New York designer did just that, and the results were genuinely surprising.

One of the big things that disappeared from his life? Gossip.

Tobias Van Schneider wrote, “If there is one thing I noticed quite early, then it’s the lack of social interaction my new diet brought with it.”

“When a group of people asks me to join them for drinks, I mostly default to answer with NO because I just don’t want to deal with gossip as a sober person.”

There were also some clear, big wins for both his body and his wallet: he says he saved $1,000 a month, his sleep quality improved, and he felt less stressed.

Living in New York, Tobias says it’s normal to have 1-2 drinks every day and found that by cutting out the occasional cocktail, he managed to accrue $1000 more in his bank account.

“Assume that I have 2–3 cocktails every other day (which are $10 each without tip), including some wine bottles every month for at home I can easily spend $1000,” he added.

While his cash-flow increased, so did his sleep quality as Tobias afforded skipping that post-work beer for an improved night’s kip. 

“Removing alcohol from my diet increased my sleep quality drastically,” he wrote.

“I sleep better, and I wake up with more energy.”

Similarly, removing coffee from his diet meant that he felt more relaxed.

Tobias admits that the drink always made him feel stressed out, increased his chance of anxiety and also caused problems with his digestion.

Entire Article Here

Don't know about a whole month, but I haven't had an alcoholic beverage since NY's eve.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

What the Hey?????

How come this post got moved over here?

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

.......and what happened to all the other posts??

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

There are 2 threads on this....the other 1 is still there

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Yeah I noticed that.

Most peculiar!

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply