Movie help

Are there any movie buffs available to help discover the name of a show I saw on tv many years ago?

Genre Crime/suspence/thriller. I saw this show on TV 1992 I believe. I don't recall the title or actors, however I do remember the storyline. Can anyone assist??

Regards

WCG

Message 1 of 11
Latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Movie help

What's the storyline?
Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

Movie help

House cordoned off by police tape, as investigator enters, bithday party setting for a child aged 8 or 9 from memory. Blood and bodies around. Can't locate father, not at work.   Another officer informs him (the investigator) that the father was seen hitching a ride with a bloke in a red ???  The car went over an embankment and burned, only one body was discovered however burnt beyond recognition. 

Hostpital scene as the survivor of the crash is having surgery, nurse assisting him to choose a nose to match his face.  Investigator speaks to nurse, who by now, some time later, is in a relationship with the patient.  Nurse adamant cant be person who killed family as this man is so nice.  Investigator discovers that nurse has a young son.

Near end of show investigator at service station, in paying for fuel when birthday announcement comes on for young ???/  nurses son.  Thanfully gets repeated once investigator is back in car and he quickly races back to residence of nurse and son in time to save them. There is a bag hanging in the garage where the young son had been tied and placed.

This is from what I recall.  It was a long time ago, and ironically I don't know if I really liked it or not. It's just one of those shows that Id like to find to see if I do want it in my collection or not.  If you can be of any help.

Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

Movie help

What country is it set in? Series or TV Movie?
Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

Movie help

I believe it was set in USA.  Unsure if it was a Movie or series, however I do think it was a movie as if it had of been a series I probably would have watched more of that. And given when it was I only watched usually on Friday, Saturday nights as life was far too busy through the week. So it aired (not neccisarily premiered) in 1992 (or close to) and it would have been on TV at 8.30pm.

Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

Movie help

Movie help

Nothing there was familiar, and it was definetly more a movie than documentary, factual, reporting style. The show would have been at least an hour and a half if not more, of course with ads, more. Thank you though for that suggestion.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Movie help

I spent years trying to find out about a movie that affected me whilst young...it turned out to be: The Collector (1965)...still haunts me...good luck with your search
Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

Movie help

Thanks. Thanks also for trying to help me find it. If it turns out I locate it and it's not to bad a watch, I'll post it.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply