Why I should I stay with ebay after "hacker" ruined my advertisement

Dear eBay: I joined eBay with the positive approach to sell some of my stuff that is lying in storage at home. I posted an advertisement to sell Steel Cap Safety Boots, which indicated local only (Perth). Within a couple of hrs, "hackers" from the USE ruined the advertisement and request prices and shipping details. I immediately removed my advertisement and decided that if I have to encounter these type of behaviour, then I would rather leave eBay and remove my account. I cannot tolerate these type of people and then paying an amount of AU$106.92 for nothing. At the moment I am not interested to deal with eBay, receive no joy and have to pay for a service! Will it be possible to remove my account hendribeste-0 from eBay as soon as can. Maybe I will join again in future if I can pursue myself that it can work for me. Your feedback will be appreciated Thanks H J Bester

View Entire Topic
lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Well I have worked out why you were charged $106.

You listed the boots as a variation listing with 4 pairs available when you really wanted them sold as one lot.

You have one buyer who bought one pair and a buyer who bought 3 pairs so have been charged a final value fee for 4 items at $270 each.

The buyer of the 3 pairs is no longer registered so you should be able to get your fees back.

Has the other buyer paid for their purchase or did you cancel their purchase?

To be honest the debacle is entirely of your own making.

Rather than spit the dummy at ebay you might ask here how to fix your mistakes and get your fees refunded.   If the sale never happened then you don't pay fees but you must do it the correct way.