ebay Item 192082692549 Purchase Cancellation Please,

Community Member

Hi ebay Australia Team,

I am Barry W TURNER (ebay User 621451 with responding to ebay email Code 4605124) and I request ebay & PayPal cancel my purchase in error for ebay Item 192082692549 (for one 85 litre Stainless Steel Water Tank) from Seller <Removed>.

History of purchase in error - due to my undetected computer virus and finger trouble, I had sought to purchase two (2) such water tanks from <Removed> - whereas I had only sought to purchase one (1) tank.  Indeed I have purchase one (1) Tank and paid for that using my Credit Card which was debited on 26April2017 for AU$300; and has been delivered to me.  Upon realizing that there remained a second order for 2nd Tank, I contacted ebay and was told to have the Seller <Removed> cancel that second Order against me made in my error.  After contacting Seller <Removed> at <Removed>, I was assured that my 2nd Order made in error would be cancelled by that Seller.

Of late, ebay continues to hound me with emails indicating that my 2nd subject Order remains open by that Seller - however, today  I contacted Seller <Removed> at <Removed> and he again assured me that my 2nd item Order has been cancelled by that Seller and as such the subject purchase in error ebay Item 192082692549 has been cancelled from his Company's records and is NOT and remains CLOSED at <Removed>. <Removed> also advised me today that there was nothing further he could do to assist my ebay predicament.

I request you contact Seller <Removed> and confirm my message and then please cancel my outstanding subject Item Order. Thanking You in anticipation.  Regards, Barry (Bazz)   (email: <Removed>)

View Entire Topic
lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

Once the seller has cancelled the order the item goes back into your Purchase History and shows as awaiting payment.

This is why you are getting the automatic payment reminders.  The seller is correct that there is nothing more he can do if he has cancelled the order.

Just ignore the reminders.....the transaction will automatically Archive after 90 days (I think).  If you are impatient you can Archive (hide) it yourself.