hi, someone from my past has messaged me here on ebay as they obviously remembered my selling id.

hi, someone from my past has messaged me here on ebay as they obviously remembered my selling id. I'm finding their messages harrassing, inappropriate and rather stalkerish, and they just keep going. I stupidly answered after the first one, and now they just won't stop. I've already had 4 messages today. Is there a way to stop this person messaging me? Any help would be much appreciated! 

View Entire Topic

firstly, you have done the right thing in coming here seeking advice.  You will get advice ranging from using eBay's own tools to help stop or prevent further contact through to advice related to involving the of authorities to stop the contact.

As others have covered the eBay tools advice, I will canvas the 'authorities' actions you might take.

First course of action might be to send one last 'reply' message to one of their messages along these lines:

I am not interested in receiving any further correspondence from you.  This includes contact through eBay messaging, emails, phone calls or any other communication method.  Additionally, this also includes messaging, emailing, or the communication of messages etc via any third party.

Should you not respect my wishes I will not hesitate in contacting ACORN regarding your unwanted communications as I consider them to be of a menacing or harassing nature.  You can read about ACORN and online reporting of  this type of behaviour via this link https://www.acorn.gov.au/learn-about-cybercrime/cyber-bullying

I have already sought advice regarding your messages and will not hesitate in taking this further and reporting to ACORN should you not cease all contact with me immediately.  I have archived your recent messages should I need to forward them to relevant authorities.  I will also archive this message as proof of me communicating my wishes to you in plain English.

Please respect my wishes.  Please do not contact me again.  There is no need for you to respond to this message.

A word of caution here though.  You know all the relevant back story on this individual.  Do no take my advice regarding sending the above message to them IF you have any concerns about how the message would be received by this person.  If you do have any concerns, you could simply go to the ACORN site and read up further on what your options would be and decide how to proceed.  I guess it will depend on whether you think this person is just a pest, or a genuine threat. It may be that you decide to make a report to ACORN without any further contact with them.