someone has hacked my log in details and I cant log in to contact ebay

Hi all,

I received an email from ebay saying I had changed my password which I didnt. When I try to get back in and change it to another password it wont let me. It just keeps saying my password is wrong and to contact ebay which I cant as it wont let me in!

Can anyone tell me the email address or phone number to get in contact with customer service please.

Thanking you in advance.

View Entire Topic

You need to be VERY sure that the site you're trying to log in on is actually eBay, and not a "phishing" page! As Lyndal pointed out, you're successfully logged in on eBay, or you wouldn't have been able to post this question.

You may have just given a scammer access to your account. Any genuine eBay page will have "ebay.com" or "ebay.com.au" in the address bar - if that's not in there, it's a scam.

For safety's sake, go up to the top of this page, and click on "My Ebay". Once the next page loads, click on the "Account" tab, then select "Personal information".

Where it says "Password", click on "Edit" and change your password now!

DON'T use anything you entered as a password on the other site. 

If you're not sure whether the site you're trying the passwords on is legit or not, assume it isn't. If you're reading this, you're on eBay now, and any pages here are safe. Go and change your password now.

Easiest way to tell if an e-mail leads to a fake page is to hover your cursor over any of the links in the e-mail, and look down in your browser's address bar. If you hover over a link as shown at 1 in the photo below, an "ebay.com" or ebay.com.au" address should appear at 2.

If it doesn't it's a scam page.

Dodgy e-mail B.jpg