Bought a new battery approx 8 months ago,

Bought a new battery approx 8 months ago from Repco and decided for a heavy duty $240 for an Astra.

Mum drives everyday but occasionally misses a day.

Lately when she misses a day, the battery won't crank the car over and I have to jump it.

She got stuck somewhere and called RACV, they got her started and said could be faulty battery.

Took it to mechanic, he did quick test and said it's the battery.

I went to Repco and they said it will take 2-3 days for Century Battery guy to test unless we drive to Century.

Mum goes to Century Batteries, they test and say nothing wrong with it.

I go back to mechanic he tests with car running and shows 12.10 volts and it should be around 13-14.

We put another battery in car and running it shows 14.22.

Also on crank the suspect battery shows "faulty cell-replace".

That battery is also showing black, not green and fully charged only shows part green.

I go back to Repco with info and they say leave battery here. Mum without car for 3 days and Century rep tests again saying nothing wrong with it.

I have now opened a case with ACCC and upon searching the problem, low n behold many have had the same issue with Century. I am going to chase this one down and don't want another Century replacement seeing as they don't seem to accept fault nor honour the warranty which I think is 24 months.

Anyone suggest a high quality battery brand outside of Century ?

image host
Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Kopen-recently retired from the motor trade.

Have a look at a brand--SuperCharge--seem to be reliable.

Richo.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

I was hoping you or viewmont might see this.

Thanks Richo I shall have a look at their range. The Supercharge Gold-plus 630CCA looks good at $209.

image host
Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Kopen--the gold is the go--the silver range is a cheaper line 

sold through  servos and some parts stores.

If you have an R+E auto parts store near you-they sell the gold series.

Richo.

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

When I was farming I used Caterpillar brand batteries in my machinery and ute. These things last forever. ( well I did get up to 7 years out the best of them and 4-5 years was normal ) and that was leaving them un-used for many months at a time.

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply