Caravan Pop Top Tips

So we have had our pop top for just on 2 years now and have used it prob 6 times.  We have just returned from up the murray where the weather was very hot - hitting 40 deg one day.  Being a pop top we don't have air con. We purchased a portable evap cooler but as I was sweltering in the van the other day I was wondering in regards to the flaps that can be opened or shut - what is best in heat?

Do others leave all flaps opened or do you close in the direction that the sun is coming in - does that help with the heat?

any tips appreciated.

cheers!

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Caravan Pop Top Tips

@falconsportspack wrote:

Because the poptop curtain is thinner & not insulated like the body it will always allow more heat transfer into the van. I keep the flap facing west closed, & the other 3 open all the time. You'll never stop the heat boring through the curtain unless it's the one on the side of the awning/annex, & only then if those attach to the roof. It's also the complete opposite in winter. The curtain won't keep the cold out as well as a full height van. 

Thanks falcons, appreciate it!

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Caravan Pop Top Tips

lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

This is not exactly an ebay problem.....you will probably get more answers if you ask on Community Spirit.

Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Caravan Pop Top Tips

Sorry I thought this was community spirit forum on mv - I'll repost over there thanks for the heads up 

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Caravan Pop Top Tips

Because the poptop curtain is thinner & not insulated like the body it will always allow more heat transfer into the van. I keep the flap facing west closed, & the other 3 open all the time. You'll never stop the heat boring through the curtain unless it's the one on the side of the awning/annex, & only then if those attach to the roof. It's also the complete opposite in winter. The curtain won't keep the cold out as well as a full height van. 

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Caravan Pop Top Tips

@falconsportspack wrote:

Thanks falcons, appreciate it!

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply