Message 1 of 8
Latest reply
7 REPLIES 7

Help vs commodore want to start

do you have a question?
Message 2 of 8
Latest reply

Ford vs Commodore in the big race this weekend.

I think Commodore got pole with Whincup.

Or do you mean VS commodore wont start ?

Contact the seller if you bought it from a seller on eBay.

image host
Message 3 of 8
Latest reply

the big three

coil packs and wiring to it (no spark)

fuel pump/relay/earth (listen for it ticking before you try to wind the engine over) give the tank a thump or swap the a/c relay with the fp relay

crankshaft sensor (pour water over it and try again)

and an oldie but a goodie

Automatic (starter inhibitor switch)..check its not in drive... try it in neutral or park with a little wobble

If you have not got a clue what I am talking about.....ring a mechanic

TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 4 of 8
Latest reply

Most VS commodores have a security lock,so you need to push the unlock button on the key and listen

for a click noise,this means that the security lock has been unlocked and you can start the car.

This lock times out also so if you don't start the car asap you will need to press the unlock button again.

This information is only relevant if your car has central locking on the doors?

Message 5 of 8
Latest reply

Most VS commodores have a security lock,so you need to push the unlock button on the key and listen

Called an immobiliser. Usually 20 -30 secs to start the car.

image host
Message 6 of 8
Latest reply

@kopenhagen5 wrote:

Called an immobiliser. Usually 20 -30 secs to start the car.

The VS has a sensor ring around the ignition switch ( just looks like a chrome dress ring ) . This sometimes fails on VS's ( common problem ) and it does not pick up the chip code from the key when the key is inserted into the ignition. If you push the door unlock button on the key while it is inserted and the car starts, the sensor ring could be faulty. You can drive the car for months without fixing it, but you just have to insert the key and press the door unlock  button each time to start the car.

Message 7 of 8
Latest reply

crbar_3504
Community Member
Is there any way at all I can Start my vs ute without the key the ex done the runner and won't give me keys back ๐Ÿคฃ is there any solutions until I can afford to get new keys
Message 8 of 8
Latest reply