Listing/ Policy violation?

Car seller states; " to be sold outside of EBay otherwise buyer to pay the EBay fees". To my knowledge both finalising a sale outside of EBay and asking the buyer to pay the seller listing fees if not done so are against the rules. Am I wrong? Listing was reported to EBay a few days ago but remains active so I'm guessing they don't see anything wrong with it.
Message 1 of 4
Latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

If the vehicle is listed in the classified section then the sale cannot take place on ebay google classified listing on ebay.com.au

This is where sellers somtimes get confused. However you are right it is a listing violation to insist that the buyer pays the fees. In reality the buyer always pays the fees as astute sellers build it into the final price they just do not brag and tell the buyers.

Classified Ads

How it works
You can advertise on eBay just as you'd use a traditional classified ad. You state a price, the buyer contacts you, and you handle the transaction personally. You can also add Best Offer to your Classified Ad in some categories.
Duration
Classified Ads run for 28 days.
Fees
  • The insertion fee for Classified Ads varies by category. For example, there are different fees for vehicle ads on eBay Motors.

• There's no final value fee, unless you sell an item using Best Offer in the Motors category, or you sell an item in the Services category.

• There are fees for optional advanced listing upgrades and supplemental services.

• See fees for selling on eBay for full details

atheism is a non prophet organization
Message 2 of 4
Latest reply

Well, after reporting the listing via both the reporting avenue on the listing and a phone call, Ebay have chosen to let it go on. Not sure why on earth they are letting this person get away with it but hey, if they want to lose money on it, I'm happy now to let them. It does however seem that not all rules are the same for everyone now.

Message 3 of 4
Latest reply

Did you check again that it was not a Classified ad?

As explained above, Classified ads are not done on ebay.

Message 4 of 4
Latest reply