PLEASE: ANYONE THINKING OF BUYING A CAR. Read HERE first.

xb50gs
Community Member
There are so many eBay scammers active I think I should post another topic. I had written one on the previous board that was pinned to the top, but its since been removed.

In a nutshell, if it looks too good to be true. IT IS.

A $45,000 car is worth the same amount anywhere. If the owner was to sell it to a dealer, or trade it, they may lose a few thousand, but not tens of thousands. So, Rule 1 is

If a car is listed as a buy it now for less than half its value, its it typically a scam.

Next off, eBay DO NOT, WILL NOT and HAVE NEVER offered a ESCROW program for ANYTHING. You DO NOT send money to eBay, who in turn release funds to sellers upon you approving the condition of the car. eBay is a auction venue. And a slack one at that. So, Rule 2 is

ANYONE who claims that the transaction is done that way is a LIAR, a THIEF and a SCAMMER.

Buyers, please use common sense. If a seller is registered in NSW, but says the car is in another state and that he is out of the country, THEY ARE SCAMMERS. The probability of that being true is less than 1%.

Next off, interstate car shipping is VERY expensive. No one would include free shipping on a car that is already way under market value. No one is that desperate to get rid of their car. I might drive a car a few hours drive to meet a buyer, but interstate, even SAME state shipping is thousands of dollars. IT IS A SCAM.

The people doing these scams have been doing it for YEARS. It started as a letter in the post from a long lost relative, who had died and left you thousands of dollars, turned into a email with basically the same thing, but with more money and now its cars, bikes, boats, houses, basically anything of value that can easily be photographed and listed without being able to be verified as the owner.

The cars used in listings are usually nothing more than cars parked in a public place. The people listing are usually middle men, working for bigger scammers, typically in Africa-Nigeria. They will list the items with a sob story and can list 10 or more at a time. If you ever phone them, they often forget which car it is you're ringing about.

Please, don't forget these people are CRIMINALS. They're paid a fee for doing this. They can also be dangerous. So the best, safest, smartest bet is once you get a fishy looking email once you inquire about a car, delete it and have no further contact.

People, unless you can see it, drive it and touch it, DONT PART WITH THE CASH.
Going Ford is the Going Thing.
Message 1 of 40
Latest reply
39 REPLIES 39

Actually car shipping is pretty cheap.
Cost from Melb. to Syd about $500 ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 2 of 40
Latest reply

Hi guys,

Looks like another scammer to add to the ever-growing collection. Check this one out! 150450522958 Monaro GTS coupe for way under value.
People keep getting sucked in by these rotten mongrels...

Happy browsing!
Message 3 of 40
Latest reply

matthews2013
Community Member
Actually car shipping is pretty cheap.
Cost from Melb. to Syd about $500 ๐Ÿ™‚

Gee, could you supply the name of your transport guys. Haven't found one that cheap. Thanks
Message 4 of 40
Latest reply

xb50gs
Community Member
No neither have I. However, the cost is irrelevant in this instance. The point i'm trying to make is that a seller isn't THAT desperate to get rid of a car.

Sell it for a third of its value and then pay for the transport. No one is that generous. I mean, if you buy a brand new Ferrari from interstate they might pay something toward the cartage, but as a general rule, most people don't have access to cheap car transport and certainly wouldn't be paying it if they were losing out bulk cash on their car.

And for the record, when I was phoning around to have a small car carted from Newcastle to Coffs Harbor, roughly a 4hr drive, I couldn't find someone to do it for under $1000.
Message 5 of 40
Latest reply

I agree with Barking beagles that the cost of freight is irrelevant.

I believe the information on the thread was designed to give information to people that actually still believe in the tooth fairy and Santa

Barking beagles try Max Andrews autofreighters.

They are based at Kempsey on the Mid north coast and deliver as far as I know most of the local motor dealer vehicles for the area.

They have daily service ex Coffs Harbour to Sydney.

Last car to Melbourne ex Valla NSW 850.00..... 350.00 to Sydney 500 to Melbourne. Maxes trucks do not go to melbourne the $500 ids paid to another company.

I have dealt with Max for about 28 of the thirty years he has been carting vehicles.

Max Andrews has over thirty years of experience in the car carrying industry, and when it comes to moving automobiles, there is little he does not know.

MT Andrews Auto Freighters have a fleet of sixteen trucks which are totally dedicated to this industry, with specially trained drivers who all take great care and pride with the vehicles that they transport, which is all done with efficiency and reliability you can count on.

Max Andrews auto freighters link
TELL ME AND I WILL FORGET, SHOW ME AND I MAY REMEMBER,, INVOLVE ME AND I WILL UNDERSTAND Confucius 450bc
Message 6 of 40
Latest reply

Car Carrier .com Can't remember exact web but a search shoudl find them ๐Ÿ™‚
Message 7 of 40
Latest reply

Here you go:
carcarrying.com.au
Message 8 of 40
Latest reply

flanmur
Community Member
Bump and a heads up.
I just got a strange text message and it didn't contain a call back number but it was titled " larry.stone ".
It asked about the condition of the car that i have listed even though the condition is stated in the listing.
It asked me to reply via a email of michielajohnsongold at gmail dot com

Guess what..?
I didn't and recommend others don't either..

Maybe they will send me O/S phoney checks that i can add to my collection...LOL
Message 9 of 40
Latest reply

xb50gs
Community Member
So what condition is the car in Flan, and what colour is it? And will it go 140 in reverse? Does this come with the optional Cadillac Hyperdrive Superlastic Suspension?
Message 10 of 40
Latest reply