What do i do about an attempted car scam

I am right now being scammed from some one that is selling a HQ Coupe. I want to pass all the info i have about him to some one so he can be caught and stopped.

Message 1 of 5
Latest reply
4 REPLIES 4

Ebay card scam

Each listing has a report link.

And if you have parted with money, contact ACORN - http://www.acorn.gov.au/

image host
Message 2 of 5
Latest reply

Ebay card scam

@nice-fish-that wrote:

I am right now being scammed from some one that is selling a HQ Coupe. I want to pass all the info i have about him to some one so he can be caught and stopped.

Hey Kopenhagen5,

You seem knowledgible. I was going to buy this motorcycle off this lady and she said it was sitting at auto proshipping. I got this email from ebay motors (eBay Support Department: +1 (866) 665-5697 - Motors Department) confirming and saying to follow these steps. Go to the store and buy ebay cards max them out to $500 for a total of $2000 then procede to pay using that. Saying its secure, they hold the money and dont forward it on to the seller until we decide if we want to keep the bike or we get our money back. Does this sound like a scam? There is a website for auto-proshipping and phone numbers but I just have a feeling that things don't add up. One phone number I called is a cell phone with no vmail, doesn't seem to professional. If you've heard of it then I'd feel better. It's just my husband is upset that I told him it's a scam and he can't get the bike. I just need proof so he won't be mad at me. Have a look at the invoice they sent me. I have attached it. I'm sure it's a scam but if it is I think it's new because I can't find anything online about them, particularly no warnings against using them. I want as many people to be aware as possible because they are falsely claiming to be ebay and I don't think they are. I appreciate anything that can be said about this. Thank you.

@nice-fish-that wrote:

Message 3 of 5
Latest reply

Ebay card scam

@jesmoo_4351 wrote:

Hey Kopenhagen5,

You seem knowledgible. I was going to buy this motorcycle off this lady and she said it was sitting at auto proshipping. I got this email from ebay motors (eBay Support Department: +1 (866) 665-5697 - Motors Department) confirming and saying to follow these steps. Go to the store and buy ebay cards max them out to $500 for a total of $2000 then procede to pay using that. Saying its secure, they hold the money and dont forward it on to the seller until we decide if we want to keep the bike or we get our money back. Does this sound like a scam? There is a website for auto-proshipping and phone numbers but I just have a feeling that things don't add up. One phone number I called is a cell phone with no vmail, doesn't seem to professional. If you've heard of it then I'd feel better. It's just my husband is upset that I told him it's a scam and he can't get the bike. I just need proof so he won't be mad at me. Have a look at the invoice they sent me. I have attached it. I'm sure it's a scam but if it is I think it's new because I can't find anything online about them, particularly no warnings against using them. I want as many people to be aware as possible because they are falsely claiming to be ebay and I don't think they are. I appreciate anything that can be said about this. Thank you.

It ls a scam.
There is no such thing as eBay cards and anyone that says that a vehicle or bike is sitting at a shipping
agent/joint is lying.
It's a common scam that has been around for years and all communication is false and no one will hold on
to the "money/cards" for you.
It sounds like you have been re-directed to a fake website and you need to stop all communication with
them and also be aware of phishing Email they may try to send you to get your eBay or Paypal account
details.
Stick with your instinct as you know it's to good to be true.
You also need to run all your spyware and anti virus programs and change your passwords,(especially if
you've clicked on any of their links).

Message 4 of 5
Latest reply

Ebay card scam

Okay, thank you so much. And I'll run those extra checks and change passwords. Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!

Message 5 of 5
Latest reply