sellers continually selling wrong car parts

some friends and myself have au falcons,recently i purchased 4 door lock replacement actuator gears and they dont fit as they are bigger than the original.i have found that all the sellers on ebay only sell that one size.to myself and my friends that have the smaller size we are up thr creek without a paddle,the only way around this problem is to buy the complete kit when we dont need the kit only the cog gear

Message 1 of 7
Latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Re: sellers continually selling wrong car parts

A simple solution, go to a wreckers?

Message 2 of 7
Latest reply

That's not a solution that's asking for the same problem.
Message 3 of 7
Latest reply

At least he can then compare the cog sizes. And ensure it's from an AU.

Or ask the sellers for the dimensions, if not stated.

I want to know why EVERY seller on eBay doesn't know what the correct item for this model is. Surely they can't all be wrong. Unless Ford did something like upgrade the locks between Series' 1 and 2.

The AU was the first edition of a radically new model. I would be shocked to find that they didn't have myriad problems, which the next release would have addressed (except for the ugly body and too-high ride).

Message 4 of 7
Latest reply

Ford did change this cog on the change over from au2 to au3.all the sellers i have contacted only sell the 5.7ml version which in fact is 5.4ml the au1 and au2 have a 5.0ml some maybe lucky if they have a very late au2.I have measured both with a micrometor so i know that they are not 5.7 as there ads says.This larger size will replace the smaller but we have to buy the kit to do so.These kits contain all pieces needed and they will fit au1 au2 au3 ba/bf.The sellers out there that are selling the cogs only are all saying fit au ba and bf.So as you can see we have to buy the complete kits to do this repair.

Message 5 of 7
Latest reply

Fair enough.

All I can suggest is a wrecker then, where you can physically compare the cogs. Provided you have access to a wrecker and it won't cost you more in time/fuel than the kit.

Message 6 of 7
Latest reply

A wrecker is not going to pull apart a door lock just for the cog. May as well buy the complete lock. As I said before we have to buy the complete kit as they will fit. The cogs alone are for au3 ba and bf.hence me saying buy the kits.
Message 7 of 7
Latest reply