wrong item, seller messing me about

I bought an item on ebay and it was wrong, i have contacted the seller and he has agreed to take the item back and pay costs, It is over a month and every time I contact him he says he is arranging it. How long must I wait and why is it so hard to try contact ebay about this matter. I opened a dispute and now cant get into it to let ebay know what is going on, this is why I have put it on here as I cant put it anywhere else.

MITSUBISHI TRITON...

Item no: 161406500567
Seller: goldcoast4x4
Sale date:16/12/14 17:34
Message 1 of 9
Latest reply
8 REPLIES 8

Where did you start the dispute? eBay or Paypal? You'll need to watch the time frames as some sellers have been known to string buyers with problems along until they run out of time to do anything about it. 

Message 2 of 9
Latest reply

I would recommend you call ebay about it. Tell them what is happening. It sounds like they are stalling you.  If you go into their history, they seem to have done this before ? Hope all turns out ok.

Message 3 of 9
Latest reply

So why was it wrong?

Does your vehicle fall in between the date and model parameters and has a factory step fitted?

Did the supplier confirm it would fit your vehicle?

ML, 4WD, DUAL CAB, WITH STEP TYPE, 06/06-08/09

offers a 3 Month Refund and Replacement warranty on Parts sold within our Ebay store.

We will pay for the return of the part if the fault is ours, if you have purchased wrongly or just changed your mind, Buyer is reponsible for return shipping costs.

In the event a suitable replacement is not available, a refund will be issued in the form of the original payment method or a cheque. Buyer is responsible for all return shipping cost. 

Returns may be subject to a 20% restocking fee.
All defective products will be replaced within the appropriate warranty period. 

atheism is a non prophet organization
Message 4 of 9
Latest reply

Sorry pushed the kudo button. With all due respect colic, IMO the the seller is stalling the buyer.  You may have your point, but why isn't the seller commonucating & updating the buyer with progress etc. If it were me, I would be angry also.

Message 5 of 9
Latest reply

and IMO with only one side of the problem being told and scant facts being supplied then it is anybodies guess.

I have sold ooodles of parts bricks and mortar and internet and I am genuinely interested in why the buyer has been

supplied the incorrect parts.

I will hazard a guess and say that the body on the vehicle is a trayback rather than a wellback with step and "somebody"

did not think it would matter and the towbar should fit anyways........

Message 6 of 9
Latest reply

and do you think ...just by chance..... possibly.......... Smiley Indifferent

rather than the seller stalling the buyer...... The seller is waiting for the buyer to comply with paypals terms re the dispute ie

send the towbar back first to the supplied address so that the seller can then refund them????....

Do you think it is in any way the sellers fault that by the buyers own admission in the OP  they cannot work out how to

access the dispute that they opened?

"I opened a dispute and now cant get into it to let ebay know what is going on",

The only stalling I can see in the buyers post is the actions of the buyer ie not complying with the terms of the

dispute that they raised themself.

If I was the buyer I would work out how to access the dispute in their dispute console

Message 7 of 9
Latest reply

maybe you are right colic. The OP was a bit scant on facts. It may be a case of gimme gimme gimme ???

Message 8 of 9
Latest reply

I really don't know and am only guessing. The seller has 8 feedback revisions so they may be just as much at fault and may

be hard to deal with when something does go wrong.

In the ad for the item the seller states that if s buyer returns the part  within 1 week then the seller will unconditionally

refund.

So possibly this is where the misunderstaning started ie the seller said get it back to me and I will refund you

unconditionally.

If that was the case and after that correspondence when nothing happened the buyer then opened a pp dispute

meaning I guess that the seller was now out the FVF on item and postage.

The seller may be still waiting for the buyer to respond to the dispute.

In any case the buyer has now left a neg (and prolly a dsr trash) for the seller. Time will tell whether another revision

and refund is just over the horizon.... no pun intended

Message 9 of 9
Latest reply