Community Member
10 REPLIES 10

how do I contact other ebay buyers

gss767
Community Member

Message 2 of 11
Latest reply

If you know their ID, go to Advanced top right, then find a member. Put in the ID and it will take you to their profile when you click on their name in the results page, where you can then contact them through contact member.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 3 of 11
Latest reply

I am not sure you should do that or able to do that, unless you are a seller and are in a transaction with them.

Message 4 of 11
Latest reply

http://pages.ebay.com.au/help/policies/rfe-spam-ov.html

Nothing specifically against it...just needs to be polite and not for off-eBay trades etc. so in theory one can contact anyone.

The OP might mean how does one contact specific buyers, too, as in other buyers of a seller they have/are considering buying from, which one can't do anymore through feedback of a seller with the privacy changes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Buttercup: You mock my pain! Man in Black: Life is pain, Highness. Anyone who says differently is selling something.
Message 5 of 11
Latest reply

You can't - unless you know the eBay user ID they use.

Why do you want to contact other buyers ?

If it is to see what they think of an item you are thinking of purchasing, all you can do to protect yourself is check the sellers feedback for previous sales...and if you decide to purchase never pay any other way other than PAYPAL.

You can't please all the people all the time, so now I just please myself

Message 6 of 11
Latest reply

Spam (not allowed)

Unsolicited means the message was sent without the explicit request of the person who received it.

Commercial means the message discusses buying, selling, or trading of goods or services.

Message 7 of 11
Latest reply

Spam is a specific term. Any unsolicited email can be reported to the service provider (eBay) or Internet provider, in theory.

Even a message from someone you know.

without knowing what the OP is actually asking, it might or might not be considered spam.

with regards to the eBay policy, "Members can send messages to each other through eBay. We encourage open communication between our members but we don't allow our members to use these options to send spam, offers to buy or sell off eBay, threats, profanity or hate speech. We also don't allow members to exchange email addresses or links that do not directly help buyers and sellers complete a transaction on eBay."

below the part you quote, it speaks of commercial offers being not allowable.

Message 8 of 11
Latest reply

Spam, in the eBay policy, has to be both unsolicited and commercial, just to clarify it for the OP.

"We don't allow our members to send each other spam. "Spam" is an email (or part of an email) that is both unsolicited and commercial in nature." am3 has defined these terms above ๐Ÿ™‚

there was a thread a little while ago where the OP wanted to add emails to their mailing list...think it was determined that if they had permission yes, otherwise no. Maybe that is what the OP here is thinking, too, that's another possibility.

Message 9 of 11
Latest reply

I once contacted another buyer to find out if they had received items from a seller who was claiming not to have got my bank payment and then stopped returning contact. I had used the correct bank details and my bank confirmed it had gone through. The other buyer was able to give me the seller's mobile phone from their packaging which ebay did not have (the number they had was out of date). I think it gave the seller a mighty surprise to suddenly hear from me on their mobile as they probably had no idea how I got it. In the end I got my item and yes I now know better and use paypal.

Message 10 of 11
Latest reply