eBay
  • eBay Deals
  • Win a Car!
castlesw
Community Member

why are pictures so slow to display

is there a problem with ebay displaying pictures in items?? It seems very slow all of a sudden ( last day )

Please use plain text.
castlesw
Community Member

Re: why are pictures so slow to display

in reply to castlesw

I have just discovered that if i do a search and find my own selling listings I can see pictures fine and quickly and mouse over zoom works. If i just select the item from my selling list and try to look at the pictures it does not work. Pictures load very slowly if at all wrong pictures display ie not the picture selected and also mouse over zoom does not work

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to castlesw

I'm not a seller, just a buyer lately and I have the same trouble. I can see the photo in the gallery but when I click on the ad, the little indicator goes round and round and round and... no picture.

Not all the time, but often enough to be annoying.

Been going on for weeks with me.

Sometimes the pics work, sometimes they don't. Very frustrating.

Please use plain text.
corgidogz06
Community Member

in reply to springyzone

Maybe because eBay now require pictures to be larger than they were so take longer to load.

Please use plain text.
awsome2000
Community Member

in reply to corgidogz06

As old as this thread is, and not a single Ebay employee has responded. Not a **bleep** thing has changed. Ebay picture displaying is slow no none except thumbnails. They do not have server power to send the data and they know it. It is impossible to make any changes, as they have no intention of changing it. They are too far removed from their customers, and one day somebody will beat them at the auction game. I expect Google would do a much better job. I also like Youtube. No troubles with speed from them. Ebay pictures are ridiculous, and they always have been. PS: I have 15mb cable. It can take minutes to load a single pic of about a 1280x1024 resolution on ebay, unless the image(s) are hosted by another server.

Ebay fix your **bleep** picture servers!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to awsome2000

Why would you expect an eBay employee to respond?

These are member to member boards. Always have been.

I load pics akin to yours in seconds. With my lousy 12Mbs mobile connection. My pics ARE jpegs. You're not trying to upload bitmaps, are you? Which would be 1.2Gb each.

------ If you're going my way, I'll go with you - Jim Croce ------
Please use plain text.