Postage Methods

Hi there

I'm incredibly new to selling and I'm trying to sell some trading cards - nothing fancy or expensive. However, I'm trying to find the best way to send these cards through the post. It'll only be within Australia.

Is it OK to just post the cards through an ordinary post that's $0.70 (just a regular envelope with a stamp) - however it wouldn't tracking (with registered post it becomes $4.30??).

I'm aware no tracking runs high risks that either something could get lost in the mail, or that people could try to accuse of not posting/not receiving without any proof.

I'm trying to do things right the first time without learning the hard way. 😞

Thank you in advance for your time!

View Entire Topic

I looked at the listing you have up and I think that quantity of cards may be thicker than what a $0.70 stamp allows (up to 5mm). You might need to consider posting them as a 'large letter'. That is, the cost will be 2 x $0.70 stamps (if weight is under 125g). This will allow your envelope to be a little bigger and the thickness of the envelope can be up to 20mm. When you go to purchase the Registered Post label, your PO can test your article using a gauge with 5mm and 20mm slots. I have a feeling all of those cards would be thicker than 5mm so it would be best to post as a 'large letter'. There are random checks throughout the mail delivery process and you wouldn't want it to be pulled up.

Large Letters.JPG