Why does global shipping scavenge & seize the hard earned negotiated deals you purchase?

Bought a magnetic therapy mat for my terminally ill dad who suffers & hardly sleeps. This deal took months of searching & weeks of organizing just to have the shipper seize the medical device & inform it would never be returned as it was to big to ship (only 500mm long x 500mm wide x 200mm high), it cannot be returned to the seller or sent to my original shipper that I requested but they would buy it from the seller & auction it off. This is nothing less than theft as I did the negotiating & the seller who had a good heart & halved the price due to the fact it was a medical device for a terminally ill ex pat who served in the war. The seller was very concerned ttthat the shipper Pitney Bowes seized the device preventing a man in desperate need of it from receiving it, the shipper smuggly informed the seller "Don't worry it will go to a good home".  Would love to hear some legal advice to shut down this form of scavenging. Thanks Michael.

View Entire Topic

Pitney Bowes appear to be a law to their own and decide what they will ship and not. Don't spend energy on chasing PB, but better spent with your father.

The only suggestion I can make is to ask the seller if they are prepared to send it USPS and purchase another, by-passing The GSP(Pitney Bowes).

Unfortunately many US sellers are not aware they have signed up for the service and are now learning to offer alternatives such as USPS.

USA are losing millions of potential sales around the globe because of the GSP.

And Michael, let me know if you can get another, I as well as some of the regular responders here, I am sure, would be interested in helping if we can to assist someone so very well deserved. Send me a personal message here if need be.

Sincerely, kopes.