Australia post tracking number shows "no events yet",what should I do

bets20071
Community Member

I just bought an item on Monday.The seller said they had dispatched the item on Tuesday.It's from Geelong South to Canberra.It's already been 4 days.But still shows nothing.I 'm not sure if they scam me or not.Should I open a case?

View Entire Topic
lyndal1838
Honored Contributor

You are not allowed to name and shame the seller on the boards...not that there is anything to shame in this case.

Four days is hardly enough time to decide that you have been scammed  so definitely do not open a dispute yet.

If you have a tracking number that shows no events yet then you have a valid tracking number that has not yet been scanned by Australia Post.  That is not the fault of the seller.  You only need to worry if the tracking number is invalid.

If you know the item was posted on Tuesday you need to wait for a reasonable time for it to arrive.  The estimated delivery time given by ebay is just that....an estimate that is usually very inaccurate.    I would wait till at least late next week....parcels from Melbourne to Sydney have been taking up to 2 weeks lately.