Pitney Bowes - Incompetence or Theft ?

Mailing tube with a much desired Art Print was shipped by seller by USPS to Pitney Bowes in Erlanger Ky (Distribution Center).. was tracked and received by the Center....  on 28 Dec 15  from that point on  NOTHING...   Seller concerned but out of his control (and not to blame)... Requested Ebay intervene to TRACK and find status -- only to receive an email (within hours) that item was "LOST" and a refund issued....   This is CLEARLY WRONG and not acceptable to me.. I want the article FOUND and shipped.  Was there THEFT ?  If an item is recoreded into Global Shipping system by Piteney Bowes as RECEIVED and then "disappears"???  Highly unlikely -- why can't they SEARCH for it!!!

I am not boycotting any item with Pitney Bowes postage and informing sellers of same and to CHANGE shipping terms if they want a sale

View Entire Topic

There have been other similar stories. 

PB refusing to ship an item then refusing to send the rare item back to seller, instead reimburse.

Even when buyer and seller both want the item shipped back to seller so they can resend through another carrier.

Not much good if a buyer got a bargain and can't hope to find another at a low price.

I and others refuse to purchase from sellers using the GSP.

Apart from thinking they are a law unto themselves, it is expensive and often slow.