Global Shipping Program Parcel missing via wndirect

mt1964
Community Member

I have a parcel that has been shipped under the Global Shipping Program that seems to have gone missing.  It had the original Global Tracking number of: UPAAB000000063715106     The tracking information displayed is very inconsistent and confusing there - it says that t was received into the Ebay International Shipping centre multiple times.

Now it says that it has been transferred to: LPKEN000000053331956 and when you click on that tracking number, it takes you to a different company (wndirect.com) where it throws up a message saying that there is no tracking information !!!  It has been like that for several days with absolutely no update.

It seems that my parcel has dissapeared into a black hole and is lost !   Ebay - where is my parcel ???????

View Entire Topic

PitneyBowes and the eBay Global Shipping Program (GSP) is a rip off, which authorities need to investigate.

I recently purchased a laptop with tracked/signed for postage.  

The seller apparently wasn't even aware he was signed up to the GSP .. he was given a different address to mine.  He was given PitneyBowes Kentucky transhipping address by Paypal/eBay.  

Seller shipped it USPS but to the PitneyBowes/PayPal/eBay address he was given, rather than the address I have registered with eBay/PayPal.  

Computer took two weeks, with days sitting with PitneyBowes, which signed for it as the recipient.  But then held onto it for c.4 days before handing off to FEDEX, which another couple of days later handed it off to Australia Post.

Item received in a broken, damaged and open box.  Turned on.  Four carriers.  Photos taken.

$52 premium charged by PitneyBowes/Paypal/eBay.

The seller wasn't even aware they were signed up to the PitneyBowes/Paypal/eBay GSP.

Sellers apparently have to OPT OUT, and it isn't immediately visible to them that they have been automatically signed up.

Only recourse I had was to complain about the seller (as a buyer, there is no way to lodge a complaint about the GSP.  And if you lodge a complaint, it is taken as being against the buyer but with postage included).  

Gave the seller all the info and requested he lodge a complaint about the GSP as the seller.

Check all eBay purchases from the US, and tell sellers to OPT OUT.  Do NOT buy anything from the US that uses the GSP.  You are paying a massive premium for a significantly substandard service.

Google “PitneyBowes complaints”.

And try and find some simple way to complain about some aspect of the incestuous PitneyBowes/Paypal/eBay tie-up.  

The only obvious option is complain about the seller.  Not the Service Provider.

Simply disgusting.